CHAPTER - THEO

"Didn't I tell you to run?"

"When? I don't remember you saying that while you were fighting them."

"I did. You just didn't pay attention. Next time, if we ever go for a mission, you will learn how to shoot and defend yourself."

"I can defend myself just fine. You guys wouldn't have survived if it wasn't me who created the distraction."

"Stop boasting about it. I heard you say that fifty times in the last ten minutes."

"Well stop arguing with me. I got injured real bad because of you guys. Let me sleep."

"16 hours of sleep is enough for you. You over exaggerate a lot, Ronnie. Why do you behave like a child?"

"I behave like a child? Look at you, you're literally trying to make me work even in this condition. You're so heartless."

Fergus stares at me, more like he glares at me. He breathes heavily as if to control his anger whereas I am still on the bed, wrapped with blankets looking like a cacoon. It's been days since I fainted and since that day, Fergus and Morris, they have been taking care of me and we all mutually decided that we do not talk about what happened at the hospital but the questions in my mind didn't stop wandering.

I sighed and finally jumped out of my bed while glaring at Morris who kept smiling throughout the whole dramatic fight. I turned towards Fergus whose bored expression was now beyond frustrating me.

"Why did you come to my room?" Fergus shakes his head out of nowhere and sobers himself up.

"There's someone you need to meet and I believe he can help us open the small wooden box for us." I nodded and waited for him to finish what he's about to say. He clears his throat and I finally notice how his body has become stiff and his clenched fists were hanging by his sides.

Sometimes it is so hard to know him because one minute, he behaves like a child and the next moment, he is the same guy who can kill people without any hesitation. It's been days since he talked to me and this whole house has been silent. My thoughts would always go to a dark place when I'm alone. I couldn't really forget the people who were just laying dead on the floor.

Especially the left wing where Morris 'terminated' people. The memory still feels fresh and no matter how hard I try to forget them, every scene of the memory is etched permanently and if I keep going on, I might have to join a mental asylum. During the nights, I still hear their screams and somehow, I could even see them too, begging for mercy. I couldn't tell this to them, I can't open up. A snap of fingers brought me to reality when Fergus stood near me with concern etched on his face.

I nod for him to understand that I'm okay but am I really? We all go downstairs to the living hall to see a man sitting on the couch. As soon as he saw us, he stood up and he didn't seem to be on guard or even scared. His hand reaches out and I shake his hand.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you." I smile and Fergus says "Theo, would you like to start now?"

Theo smiles and I realize he looks young and his charismatic smile can actually make anyone feel comfortable. His brown eyes look at the four corners of this room as he sits on the couch with us. He exhales and with all seriousness in his tone and spark in his eyes which was now replaced with emptiness. I instantly sensed this familiarity when the word THEO resonates in my mind. He was the friend that Elias was talking about.

"what I'm about to say is purely confidential and if I'm right then you might get lucky to have it. I'm happy to help as long as you guys don't break the deal. The artifact that you have is one of the most valuable items on this planet. I know the man who has put the small wooden box in the clock. He is smart enough to hide it in plain sight. Everyone here knew that the hospital was not really a hospital. It was a hideout for people who have committed crimes, the doctors and the nurses might seem nice but if you are on their bad side, it will be hard to distinguish between them and the wolves. They always attack in groups and I have received the information that they were trained by someone in particular."

"Remy, that's what people call her. She is a walking time bomb. She has been blowing up sites and small empires of powerful people, claiming their territories and their wealth. She has trained the doctors and the nurses to a level where they have forgotten their own families and started to live in the hospital."

"She calls them a pack and let me warn you, she has ten packs everywhere. They act like perfect families and make you comfortable and once you are, they attack you with no mercy. Ronnie, you might be surprised who manufactured the wooden box and put it into the clock. Haitao, you met him, didn't you?"

Shock was evident on my face and it confirmed Theo's doubt. Fergus and Morris looked at me curiously while I sank in the couch hoping it would swallow me whole. Why all the people I met? Is it all coincidence or planned?

"What do you want in return?" words flew out of my mouth before I could stop it. There's no way he would help us without wanting something. Everybody wants something in return. My gaze connects with him while he answers with a heartbeat, "Promise me you will stop her. That's all I want."

Does that mean he is stuck in a situation like I am? This is what Fergus wanted to tell me and I zoned out like I always do.

"I want to see her dead," with that, I could feel chills running through my body like electricity. What if those men and the doctors were just a part of her army? I want to free my brother from her as soon as possible. If I'm too late, then he might not get out of this alive.

....................................................................................................

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and share.