CHAPTER - LONE WOLF GANG

Tears continually rolled from his angelic eyes while my thumb wiped the droplets on his cheek

Tears continually rolled from his angelic eyes while my thumb wiped the droplets on his cheek.His tight embrace gave me hope that he is not mad at me for leaving. After Zach, Carl saw me as his older sister even though I couldn't feel the same for him and it was no one's fault because there was no way anyone could have been the same person after their family vanished off of the earth. My other arm securely rubbed his back providing him comfort.

The only thing I was worried about was that he didn't speak a word for the past few minutes, he was silently weeping in my arms. adjusting my position and pulling out of his hug, i took a look at him, i asked him,

"Is she taking good care of you?" He nods somberly but puts on a cheerful smile.

"Is there something you are hiding from us?" Elias asked while shifting closer to us on the couch. Elias was as close to Carl as I was and he would always bring an origami toy for him whenever he visited me. Elias is truly a gentleman and a great friend i could ever ask for and no matter what, i would give up everything to help him.

Carl denies at first but then he gets up, takes a notepad and a pen to write something. The last time I saw him, he just started to talk and now he was an eleven year old boy with so much talent. I took a look around the walls, he didn't just fill those walls up with his drawings and doodles but also his photographs amazed me. This kid didn't make many friends and he cared about less people but he loved his photographs.

"Mom drank too much apple juice, the bottle fell from her hand and that's how the fire started. i tried to save mom, and i did but i can't speak now." Sylvie was drinking again? The rehab tried its best to cure the addiction that Sylvie had and it worked out well until now.

"Carl, do you want to ride with us like the old times? I brought your favorite toy." Elias asks Carl and he happily nods . He lifts up his index finger in the air to indicate that we wait. He grabbed a small bag and the notepad with his pen.

"Let's go, she might come down in any moment." Carl writes on the notepad and grabs my hand to pull me towards the exit door. When we finally settled in the backseat with Elias driving the car, I heard him speaking in a low voice that everything went well. taking a look at the boy who was fascinated with the origami toy like he always has been, i felt guilty that he didn't know that he was coming with us to a dangerous world but i promised myself i would keep him safe.

Once everything is done, I hope to get away to some new place with Zach and Carl and live a normal life. That's all I ask for.

Time passes away and soon, the bright orange sunlight decorated on Carl's sleeping figure on my lap. We were back to the mansion yet my heart was still in that house. i couldn't help but worry about Carl even more although he is right here with me. Was i being selfish? yes. was i taking away his happiness? no. I know Carl and he has never been happy with mentally ill mother who was probably trying her best. Sylvie was just making the same mistake over and over again and I don't want Carl to go through a rough childhood.

I stop elias who had scooped Carl in his arms to take him inside, he slows down and i hesitate to ask,

"Are we doing the right thing, Elias? Are we doing something we are not supposed to do?"

"We are doing the right thing but it's not necessarily the right way to do it. Carl has been through enough and i saw it in his eyes. Nobody offered to help me when I was in that same helpless situation and I won't do the same thing that others did. He might be smiling but i see what's behind the smile. Nobody deserves to have a rough past that can't be changed." Elias speaks. I understood his perspective. He told me everything about his life except the mafia part to me and his past is something that I will always be proud of for his bravery.

I nodded and entered the main hall where we could hear some voices. Elias took Carl upstairs and I went to check out whose voices were there and found that it was in the conference room. I heard some grunting and yelling, without thinking any further, I opened the big doors to find a bloody mess in the middle.

The same bodyguard that tried to kill me was tied up and his left eye was swollen and black. The people in the room were strangers but it was obvious that they were the lone wolf gang. Fergus was standing there with a bloody fist and the person next to it was Michael who was still looking at the tied up guy with anger.

Maybe I shouldn't have opened the doors.

"And why is she even here?" 

...........................................................................................................

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and share.