CHAPTER - A FINAL FIGHT

Time was something I needed and I was waiting for a loophole

Time was something I needed and I was waiting for a loophole. I never knew that a loophole would also contain a risk. A risk of losing everything. As the smoke filled in the room, the smoke detectors went off , blaring off and giving me a chance to finally snap. I needed a second just for Remy to look at the source.

Slowly, the muffled noises became clear to me as I took the risk. I used all my strength to kick her knee and stand up. the tablet in her hand slipped and fell to the floor with a thud. I wasted no time and turned around to see the two guys and crouched down to the floor as one of them tried to punch me. I pulled his legs forcefully in my direction and he fell with another thud.

The smoke completely blinded me and others in the room but I could see the movements. I felt something wet dripping from my nose but I didn't let it bother me. A knife cut my arm with full force, I took his arm and twisted around with myself. unfortunately, I lost the footing and we both fell down to the floor.

I can't let him kill me, I thought and as soon as we fell, with me on top of his back, I used both of my hands to take the knife by twisting his fingers in a weird angle. He screamed in pain while I put my hands around his neck and pulled him backwards. I groaned in pain and pulled a bit harder to hear a crack. He fell again and this time, he didn't wake up.

I wanted to believe that I didn't kill him but maybe I did. I didn't have much time to process what was happening but I knew that he didn't have much time to cover for me. I took the knife and cut the tight ropes around my wrists and my legs. The knife was sharp enough to cut through the thick rope.

I hear one gun shot before I hear a thud. out of fear, i call out,

"Fergus!!" As soon as I call out, two arms grab me before getting out of the room, this time, through another door. The pounding in my head was getting worse and it was getting harder to breathe which terrified me because that smoke was not the reason but the drug that my mother injected into me.

"Are you okay?" His hands on either side of my cheeks made me look at him. I released a relieved sigh and my eyelids felt heavier so I took a deep breath and I nodded. I could feel him wiping something on the side of my cheek which hurt. I winced and pulled away.

"we have to find others and finish this for good." Fergus looked at me for a while and then finally nodded. I understood his stare. I wouldn't have said this before Remy took me but now everything has changed for the worse. It was complicated for me and it was even harder to think of her as my mother or just Remy who tried to kill me.

"Stay behind..." I couldn't hear anything after I felt him pull him to my side as a loud bang echoed across the corridor. Vincent saw both of us with a strange murderous look on his face and tried to pull the trigger again but me being closer to him, i took the chances again and gave my shot at him. i threw the knife with full force at his wrist and successfully, the gun fell out of his hands which gave time to fergus to shoot him in the head.