CHAPTER - CARL

"I expect to hear only good news, Ronnie

"I expect to hear only good news, Ronnie." Fergus says with authority in his voice. The hostility between us was uncomfortable and I hated it. I thought we trusted each other and we were friends and in the middle of all these deals, I forgot that he was a mafia leader and I was just a person who's working for him unofficially.

Theo was at the restaurant and Morris was talking to lone wolf gang members in the conference room. They dressed up as normal people working as servants in this mansion and if i didn't know, i would have passed by them without suspecting them. They look decent with their hair gelled back and usual formal clothes.Clara was gone by the time i got out of the room, she was in some hotel where Hayley usually checks in during her night stays. Elias was waiting in the car while i took time to prepare myself to finally meet Sylvie's son, Carl. I was truly alone with fergus and i was raging inside at him.

"Trust me, I will bring him here without forcing him or letting him get scratched."I gritted my teeth to indicate my frustration while he frowned at me which made me even more furious.

"It doesn't hurt to be polite sometimes,Fergus. Consider others' feelings too and how you speak about them to others. Friends shouldn't be inhuman towards us.'' I let out the hidden meaning I have been trying to tell him. I walked away and hurried to get into the car outside. I knew he was standing there, frozen and still without the ability to speak.

No matter how dangerous these people seemed to be, these were the people I have been with after my family and I would be lying if I said I didn't care about them. Maybe one of the reasons for the things I have been doing is because of them. I don't let myself feel emotions but this was the first time after the disappearance of my family that i have felt something. a belonging that i didn't feel with my family. After Clara and I talked, we had a lot of similarities and it was warmth and comfort that made me believe that in the end there are good people.

"I don't like seeing you so quiet, Ron." Elias mutters while looking sideways at me and driving towards the house that I was dreading about since the night.

"I'm scared that maybe he won't remember his cousin. After I moved away, I didn't even contact him.I didn't even try. What if he's mad at me?" i quietly speak but he heard it.

"Nobody would ever be mad at you. Besides, i have got him a present in the backseat, you should give it to him. He always adored you being an older sister to him when Sylvie failed to show up when he needed someone to take care of him. We are doing all of this to make his life better.'' I smiled at his reassurance that he provided me and started to hope that he is well.

"I just hope that he's not sad and actually happy. Sylvie's mentally worse now. I have seen it and the last time I talked to her, she didn't sound like a sane person. I hope she's not hurting him anyhow."

"She won't hurt him and anyway, it's not safe for him in that house with her. She is apparently finding a cure for her son who doesn't speak anymore." Elias sighs sadly and I try to take in the new information that was spit out so randomly.

"He doesn't speak? did something happen to him?" I worriedly ask and Elias answers,

"I don't know what happened to him but something happened after you left. It looks like a traumatic response but we will soon know about him. don't worry." He puts a reassuring hand on mine to give some comfort but my mind was already elsewhere.

Noticing the similar neighbourhood after three hours of driving, my heart was beating rapidly and my hands were tightly clenched while my legs were shaking terribly.

"We're here." Elias' voice fades away in the end but I still get out of the car and walk towards the main door numbly. What if he doesn't want to come with me because he forgot me? Elias rings the doorbell and soon after a woman appears in front of us.

I look at Elias who looks at me and smile politely at her while saying,

"Hi, we have come here to assist you in the house." Elias speaks in a gentle tone.

"And who are you? May I know?" the young lady asks while suspecting him and looking at me, trying to analyse me.

"Madam Sylvie is gone on a mission, she asked us to stay over the house to look out for the danger." That seemed to clear her suspicion and she bowed slightly towards us and welcomed us to come inside.

We go inside and nothing has changed over the past few years, those same walls and the random drawings that Carl drew on the walls to show his talent to everyone, that's what he used to say whenever i asked to draw on a paper.

"Carl, Finish the work before I come down." the young lady yells over the loud noise of television and she excuses herself to go upstairs to clean up the rooms.

We followed the sound of his favourite show playing on the television and a dark blonde haired boy was lying on the couch, watching in awe. As he looked towards us, I knew he didn't forget me. tears swelled up in his big doe eyes and a smile appeared on my face.

....................................................................................

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and share.