CHAPTER - THE PAST

"Are you not going to talk to me now?"

Control. Before everything, I had control over what was happening but now that word barely existed. I can not let my anger get the best of me but I'm a human too. Looking at her brings all the memories back. Not the good ones, but the bad ones. I have so many questions to ask her and I wanted to ask her but I think I got my answers. I got my answers when I saw her in the dark alley taking something from a man and killing him on the spot. I knew who she was, I didn't have to look hard into the character she's playing right now. that same scarf and the same ring which I now noticed was similar to my mom's.

Theo steps back and almost slams into me. He protectively stands in front of me while she laughs at the situation. I didn't fail to notice a man standing behind her with glasses. I couldn't read his expression and he was wearing a grey suit and an earpiece which meant she had a bodyguard. I doubt his skills end at protecting her, he could kill anyone for the job.

"You didn't change at all, did you? Still hiding from me when I was the one who saved you. You should be grateful for things that I gave you but when are you going to realize? You're stubborn just like your mother. She didn't listen to me either."

I stopped her before she could even trigger me by saying mean things about her.

"I would shut up if I were you. You're wrong if you think that coming here in this house will give you the choice to talk anything about me or my family. You're being watched and don't you dare talk to me like you know me. you know nothing about me." my words come out like venom and hit her hard. I saw her eyes which held anger and hatred towards me.

"don't talk to your aunt in that tone, otherwise I won't hesitate to pull you out of this game. When I pull you out, you will be just a suspect that everybody wants to kill. You won't be able to run and you will beg for your aunt to save you but it will be too late."

I could feel Theo staring at me when he realized that the lady in red in front of us was my aunt. I refuse to call her my aunt. I would have been her little manipulated pet if I didn't see her killing a man who was scared for his life but still did it to probably save his own life. She's a killer and she has always manipulated me whenever she wanted things to happen in her own way.

At first, when I got to know I had a family during the incident of my family disappearance, I was happy that I was not alone. When she introduced herself as my aunt, I wanted to be with her and not give up. So, I decided to live with her and continue to live normally. Things were happening around me and I couldn't care less. I trusted her and she became like a second mom to me until she hit me. she changed or rather she showed her true colours to the day when I refused to go to my parents' funeral.

The police couldn't find their bodies and I heard them speaking to my aunt that they have shut the case because there were no leads. My aunt then decided to give a 'proper goodbye' to them but I refused to give up. That was the first time she hit me and that was the last time she saw me. Her anger scared me and the words she spoke that day scarred me. That day, she didn't stop hitting me and I remember her blows getting stronger as her anger grew for me.

I knew how this was going to end, me being on the floor, beaten till I couldn't move and her finally getting into my mind and playing with me like a toy.

She acted like a sweet and kind person in front of me but there were times that she would get angry. I thought it was the phase we were in that was affecting her but I was so wrong. My mom rarely talked about her and my family has always told me that I had no other family except them. After what seems forever, I speak.

"you're not my aunt, Sylvie. Family doesn't treat you like shit. You were manipulating me and playing me like I was a damn fool. Don't forget that you hit me like I was a ragged doll."

I was now breathing heavily and all the words she said to me on that day were painful to bear. I never really knew her much but I trusted her and she broke it. She sighs and takes a look around. A smirk slowly appears on her face as if she recognised this house. I bet she did and I wonder how long she has been in the mafia world?

"Where's the clock Ronnie?" her deep voice resonated through the room and the man behind her pulled up a gun and aimed at us. Theo stiffened who was beside me now. Theo had the chance to defend himself as the two people in front of me were only looking at me and he understood it too. He was trying to be as unnoticeable as possible to get the tear gas. It was something that Fergus gave us while we all were waiting for the clock to open.

"How would I know? I'm just a prisoner here."

"don't mess with me, I won't hesitate to kill you. So tell me, where did Fergus hide the clock?" I didn't let my emotions show on my face while I stared at her with a blank expression. She was agitated and beyond frustrated now.

"kill her and make sure she dies a painful death and bring the clock to me." she sneered while the guy behind her made a move towards me. I wanted to curse out so bad about how unlucky I am. As I backed away, I accidently lost my footing and the floor welcomed me. All I could do was back away more and try to find a sharp object to fight for myself. I was desperate to find the weapon so bad that I didn't see him near me and lifted me up. He held my hair in his clutch tightly.

I squirmed and defended myself by kicking him hard in his shin but he was too strong. I elbow him on the side of his ribs but that only angers him. Soon, my body fell to the left side and my cheek started to sting badly. I groaned at how defenseless I was.

Just as I thought, he pulled out the gun and instead of aiming at my head, he aimed at my leg. Before he could do anything, I lifted my leg slightly and hit his knee with full force. He staggered back in pain and that gave me enough time to kick his other knee and grab the heaviest book I found on top of the table.

I wanted to hit but the sudden fog in front of me made me lose my focus and all I could see was this white mist that surrounded the whole room.

"RONNIE, FIGHT" Theo shouts and my body collides with the floor again.

.....................................................................

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and share.