CHAPTER - WRONG TURN

"This is bad

"This is bad. I thought Hayley had a deal with that guy but looks like she is going to steal it."Clara speaks and i could still see her standing there with a man. it wasn't hard to notice her. The first time I saw Hayley, she had a tattoo on the side of her neck. It was a sword and it resembled the bronze coin that I had not too many months ago.

"What do we do?" I ask her and our voices are just mere whispers among the loud tone that resonated the whole room followed by the loud claps around us.

"I have an idea but it is going to sound crazy." I urge her to continue with her plan.

"I'm going to make a deal with his wife and you keep an eye on Hayley."

"What about Elias?" I asked her and tried to find in the midst of the crowd but they were all unfamiliar.

"He already went to the man's office. His plan is to distract him and take over all the security doors and cameras.'' I nodded and she didn't wait for a second to spot the man's wife standing in the corner.

I moved away discreetly and positioned myself right behind Hayley. I could see her back to me and a strange man beside her whispered something to her in her ear. she faintly nods and stares at the briefcase which was presented on the stage.

"This is it. The Golden treasure is worth millions of dollars. This is the most valued asset of Alonso who stashed this somewhere beneath the burial grounds. I'm sure you know what this is and without any further, let's start the bidding offers." people started to yell their prices like it was some random numbers and each time, it was going unbelievably higher and higher.

I noticed Clara talking to a woman in the corner and she looked like she was frowning at whatever Clara was saying. it didn't take long enough for her to smirk and shake her hand. She went away to the back stage and disappeared from sight while Clara walked back to me.

"This place is going to shut down in ten minutes, she is going to tell her husband about the raid and that's the only chance we have to shut down the electricity and take the briefcase."

"How did she agree?" I ask her while she takes out something and presses it in my ear.

"I did my research and it's not hard to make a deal with a woman in this mafia system. they are hard to get but once you do your research on them, you can easily give them what they want and they will do the dirty work."

It was terrifying how people could change their side to get what they want. I adjusted the device and hid it with my hair.

"Ronnie, do you see that small door?" I nodded when I noticed a small red door in the end of the room. It was barely noticeable because of how large this whole hall room was.

"You have to search for the electrical panel in the room and switch off everything. I will tell you exactly when to do it."

"Okay, I got it. where will we meet again?"

"stay there. I will come and get you. Elias will take off from the other exit.'' Clara speaks in an urgent tone.

" Be careful." I utter those two words before taking my que to leave. Everyone was focused on the auction which easily gave me a way to walk towards the door. The golden walls were shining in their glory while I made it to the door. Right at the top end of the door, I saw a security camera looking down in my direction. I took a deep breath and turned the cold metal knob.

The room was way colder than the hall room was and the dim lights were not helping me anyway. I squinted to adjust my eyes in the dim light to look for a way. I still went forward to look for the panel.

"Did you see it?" Clara's voice reaches out to me through the device.

"Not yet, I'm trying to find it.'' I say while rubbing my arms to provide some heat. Why was it so cold here?

Among all the large boxes laid around me, I saw a triangle glowing in red. it was not so far away.

"Found it."

"Good, now stay put. switch it off only after i tell you so." and so i waited.

I should have gone near the panel but I didn't. the only source of seeing anything near my feet was gone. The dim lights had gone dark and there was absolutely nothing in front of me. i heard some loud commotions outside and Clara's voice again resonates,

"Shit, i told you to not to do it before I told so." I took some cold shuddering breaths before i could tell her what was really happening her. There was someone in front of me and I couldn't see that person. I couldn't even see even when those dim lights were on.

"I didn't do it, Clara. someone else did it." I told and she cursed out a couple of times and said something but all I could focus on was the mere darkness in front of me going darker and darker.

"Trying to be smart, I see but you're such a fool to get yourself trapped." I recognized that voice. I never imagined that I would hear this voice so soon. He was known for turning the tables around and I should have seen this coming. I didn't know where Vincent was but my body was on alert.

The next thing I know is someone plunging sharp metal onto my neck before I pass out.

........................................................................................

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and share.