CHAPTER - MONSTER

"Save her" only those words were uttered by me when i saw her right in front of me

"Save her" only those words were uttered by me when i saw her right in front of me. Fergus knew her. he knew that Remy was my mom. Tears sprung in my eyes and I couldn't handle seeing her. She was not my mother anymore. Physically, she looked like my mother but emotionally, my mother was dead.

"Her? The one who betrayed me by joining my gang. She deserves much more than this, don't you think?" She takes out a gun and aims at her. As she goes to pull the trigger, I scream at the top of my lungs.

"NO" i was helpless and i couldn't do anything to save her. Thankfully, she stopped and looked at me instead.

"Fine, I won't shoot her. Tell me where's my ring and then i will let the doctors work on her." At this point, there was too much on me. How can i stop all of this?

"Why?" I whisper, all those feelings of betrayal and loneliness hit me like a truck. The longer I look at her, I keep seeing those pictures of her deeds in front of me.

"Why?" she sighs and puts her gun behind.

"Why did you do all of this?" Remy chuckles and my desperation for answers were clearly noticeable.

"Sweetheart, there's much more to life. your father and I might be some average doctors but we were tired of our jobs. The same routine that i had to pretend that i would rather save people than doing anything else. That was when I had enough. Your father and I got in touch with some powerful people and working for them gave me satisfaction. Lying was just a part of our jobs. Do you know what our real job was?"

She looked insane and I wondered what my father's condition was. Was he as insane as my mother was or was he worse?

" Alonso gave us what we needed and that was power but that was not enough. He treated me like I owed him so I left that gang to make my own army and the rest is history."

"Why did you leave me? Why did you disappear three years ago?'' I ask with anger evident in my tone. She rolls her eyes and looks at the tears that are now rolling down my face like a waterfall.

"It was getting harder to pretend when I was with you. You were a constant reminder of a life that I did not want. Zach and you were just a prop for a perfect family drama to let everyone know that we weren't cutting up bodies for fun."

My chest tightens and the long forgotten pain was unbearable to handle. I was the daughter of a monster who didn't even care about their own. a part of me still loved her but it's fading away. she was a murderer and she doesn't deserve my forgiveness.

"You're a monster." a whisper left my lips and in an instant, Her manipulative smile turned into one of those nasty sneers and grabbed my hair from behind.

"No one calls me a monster, darling. This mafia is mine and if anyone interferes, I won't hesitate to make their living hell." still keeping eye contact with her, i didn't dare to look weak now. the moisture in my eyes lessened and i wasn't tired of this mess anymore. I was not exhausted from this life I had because I wanted her to suffer for those people she killed.

everything that Fergus was true. My mother was long gone and only her body was living like an empty vessel. it was a demon in her that chose to control her. that demon was power and greed. When she noticed me staring at her attentively, she smirks again,

"It's been so long since anybody has ever dared to look at me with so much anger and fearlessness. But I will make sure to extinguish the fire in your eyes. just like how I killed that fire in Kiara.'' I frowned at her name, and that was my biggest mistake.

"You came here with a plan to save them? they are long gone. you're too late."

"Forget them because they won't be coming back. tell me where my ring is before i end your life just like them. '' for a moment, it was all too quiet. as i finally understood what she meant to say. I felt this cold anger in me rising.

the chains against my hands rattled as i struggled to handle myself, She backed away with no emotion displayed in her eyes. No smile, no emotion, it was like she had finally let go of the mask she wore.

"HOW COULD YOU?" I yelled. I felt disgusted by her and every part of me wanted to rip these chains off of me.

"HOW COULD YOU KILL YOUR OWN SON?" I yelled more but not a single time did she ever turn back to look at me. She walked away from the room we were in and I was left staring at the door. I felt my heart breaking into pieces till no more pieces could be broken again. I hated the fact she would have lied about them to manipulate me but I hated this even more because I was starting to believe her story. I was slowly getting twisted into her game of manipulation.

......................................................................................

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and share.