CHAPTER - A CHANCE

I was truly in a prison, I thought as I looked at the other prisoners around me who were locked in the room but I could distinctly hear their yells and their cry of help

As we reach the end of the way, they take me to the left wing. I looked down at my necklace and there was no difference which worried me.What if it doesn't work out? I gasp loudly as something pierces me on the arm.

I looked to my side to stare at my mother who held a syringe in her hands.

"what are you doing?" I asked , trying not to panic.

"just making sure that you don't plan on creating a mess." She smiled evilly and winked at me. The strength in my legs was gone and I could feel myself falling before the guys caught me and carried me like a sack bag. I saw Remy go in front of me and I heard a click followed by the opening of a door.

I hated that my body was giving up its control. I should have expected that she would drug me before taking me to somewhere else. i fail to stand up and they drag me, sat me down on a chair. they started to tie my legs as i try to regain my senses. i look upto the roof and see that the lights were dancing in a rhythm.

Remy pulled out another chair and sat in front of me, asking me the expected question.

"I need the location." I let out a small chuckle and adjusted myself for what's to come. There were two guys on each side and two other guys in the back of the room.

"First, treat her and then only, I will tell you everything." Remy clenches her jaw in anger and gestures to one of the guys to take her to the medical room.

"I need proof." I said with confidence yet I was sure that my voice was breaking up and I looked like a drunk person.

The situation couldn't be worse when I hear someone walking in the room. I hid the panic I felt when I saw Vincent walking to Remy and looked at me with pure hatred.

"Oh so she decided to speak." He glanced me up and down and stared at the necklace weirdly.

"I know my ways to make her speak up. After all, I am her mother." She looked proud which was weird. She was proud that she could control me however she wanted.

"Well, here's Clara in the medical room, getting the treatment." He showed me the tablet he was carrying in his hands. He was right, through the camera , I could see the nurses patching her wounds. I held in my relieved breath. She was okay for a while.

"My ring." Remy demanded with her sharp look and i gulped before speaking,

"I lost it." This was my dumbest mistake but it had to be done. She looked like she had it. a loud smack echoed and half of my face burnt with pain. I hissed as I took the blow on the face.

"Don't you fucking play games with me, Ronnie. You do not want to mess with me right now. Tell me where the ring is." I am so done now. I was pissed at her and at everyone.

I didn't deserve any of this. I can't keep taking the blows for the things I didn't even do. All this mess started because of fergus' father, David and my mother. if only they didn't crave for power, none of this would have happened. I was mostly angry at my own mother who deserted her kids for some leadership in the mafia.

"Why don't you ask dad? after all he hid it in his office.'' I sneered at her and grunted out loud as she threw a punch at me again. I close my eyes momentarily to relieve the pain and not let myself fall over the floor.

"Your father was a selfish bastard. Like I said, he was my partner in Alonso's gang but he refused to leave when I wanted to create my own position in the mafia underworld. He hid my ring but lucky for him, I gave him a merciful reward."

I stared at her, my eyes wide open, thinking just how ruthless she could be.

"You killed him too?" She stared at me and I was fuming with anger. I loathed her and every part of my body wanted to give her the punishment she deserved.

"Alonso gave me that ring as a reward. But I didn't know that he was hiding all the stash somewhere. He trusted that I would be loyal to me but I wanted something else. I wanted to own everything and so I left the gang to prepare an attack on him. That poor boy, Fergus, led us to him in exchange for his sister. But how would he get his sister back when she was locked away in a cell with two serial killers on loose?"

My mind processed all her words and the truth was worse than I expected. Kiara was locked away in a cell with two serial killers and those serial killers were none other than my parents. She grabbed my chin, made me look her in the eyes.

"I could have millions of dollars and run this world. Tell me the location and I promise I will make sure you see the best life you could ever have. I'm sorry , my daughter, that I let you down but I was doing this to give you a better life.'' Her fabricated lies only made my wounds worse. She had gone crazy and she needed medical help. Every word she spoke made those daggers go deeper in my heart.

"Don't do this, you could still go back and start over, mom" I begged her one last time. But there was no change in her. She sighed in disappointment and shakes her head at me, pitying me.

"You could have chosen the right thing but you're too brainwashed. You're seeing me as a villain, if only you see it from my perspective, you will see me as a person who is trying hard to establish herself."

"i know a way to make you open up." And with that, she went and grabbed something from a table. These white walls were hard for me to even distinguish anything. Everything was white here. My head felt too heavy to even see properly through the blurred vision.

"Your friends are here at the entrance of my territory, fighting for their lives." she again grabbed my hair to look at the screen in front of me. no doubt, it was morris, theo and fergus. There were about four cameras around and I looked into the third one which was the nearest one to them.

I noticed there was something different about fergus. Because of the fast movements, I couldn't see what was wrong with him but after a few moments, I knew. He was not Fergus but Elias who was disguised as Fergus. The scar on his hand looked fake and I knew the scar on Fergus' hand was like the back of my hand. I didn't show any emotion while she forced me to look into the footage.

"They don't know that they are gonna lose in about twenty minutes. it's in your hands whether you're gonna kill your friends or help me and save them.'' I was left wondering and I knew I was gonna lose either way.

Where was Fergus? I wondered if the clicking sound was the only thing I heard. That was the chance that was knocking on the door and I was not going to waste it for so many lives at stake.

..........................................................................................

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and share.