CHAPTER - SIX OF US

For the upteenth time, Theo again whispers, asking me "are you okay?'' I sigh and give him a look that shuts him up

For the upteenth time, Theo again whispers, asking me "are you okay?'' I sigh and give him a look that shuts him up. I was already riled up and my anger wasn't subsiding at all. We were all waiting for Clara to show up and she was taking her sweet time , screaming at a young girl who was trying her best to serve the food. Everything here screamed power and the room we were sitting in 6 six chairs around a table. It looked like a conference room but the walls were covered with photographs of some disturbing events. out of all those, there was one photograph that stood out, it was my mother's ring. The jewel shining and the gold around the jewel could be the reason for so many deaths around the town which were unnoticed by everyone.

The ugly screams finally subsided and a metal crashed loudly. The sound of clicking heels was even more clear now and it was surprising that everyone in this room was waiting patiently like they all knew her.

The heavy metal doors open revealing a woman with a cigarette in her mouth and a lighter in the other hand. She walked around the table like she knew this place and part of me disliked her for some reason. As she was walking, that's when I noticed someone else behind her. No matter how many times I solve the puzzle, the puzzles keep getting mixed up and my surprise makes me stand up.

"ELIAS?" He throws a look that he will explain everything later but we both there is no later. I hear a scoff in the room but I smile at Elias even though it was forced and sit down. I blinked the remaining tears that I didn't know I had and composed myself. it had been a long time since i met him and we definitely didn't say goodbye on a good note.

"Fergus, I told you, no outsiders remember?'' I saw Clara judging my appearance but remained quiet. it took everything in me to not stand up and get out. reminding myself that people are after us for a reason and that i have to get my brother out of this mess, I watch Elias silently telling me to calm down. he points to something on the table and I see my hands clenched into fists. Fergus clears his throat before sliding something across the table.

"What is this?" Morris asks with bewilderment lingering in his tone. It was a blueprint and some random lines cannot tell you what place it was. Fergus leans forward with hands folded in front of him.

"That is our way to their territory. Remy now knows about our previous location and her focus is already on that place. she's going to blow that place up like any other site she dealt with. Vincent would be with her to assist her with trapping us. Sylvie , Hayley and the others aren't a problem anymore. I have some ideas to create distraction for them. The only problem with this blueprint is that it's pretty old and Remy isn't the type to risk anything. she might have altered the layout of her territory. So, when you see an exit, don't go through that door, it might be a trap."

"Hold on, how many exits are there?" Elias's voice echoes around the large room.

"Three, these exits are in opposite directions."

"Are you sure your sister is in Remy's territory?" Theo questions Fergus to which Fergus nods and answers,

"I know Remy and to get whatever she wants, she would keep something or someone to threaten me."

Theo nods back at him while Clara crushes the cigarette on the ashtray before blowing out one last puff of smoke. I wouldn't even recognise her if not for her wild hair that escalated till her shoulders. she shrugs her shoulders to release some tension and sighs deeply.

"you're right about everything, Fergus. But there is one more major issue about this plan. Vincent has already planned a counterattack against the Scorpion gang and if the gang loses then, there would be nothing we can do." Clara speaks in a deep calm voice but we all knew better. She was as stressed as all of us were.

" But the Scorpion gang has the best snipers and they have been in this mafia for so many years, and they have never lost any war. and even if they lose, that doesn't mean we would lose right?" Elias exclaims with his eyes widened.

"The crossers were best at being sneaky and their silent attacks and where are they now? Remy plays a dirty game and nobody understood her gameplay for years. the south gang which was at its peak, we all saw its downfall. scorpions are not only the best snipers but they are the intermediate connection for the business and the moment others realize about the war, somebody will step up in their place. Based on how sneaky Vincent is, he would be the middleman for every business in the mafia world."

Her words were now making sense, the south gang aka the crossers were wiped out by Remy. There were currently four people that were held captive in Remy's territory.

"Where does Remy and others belong? nobody ever mentioned her gang." I say and Clara shakes her head with grimace and says,

"They are all terminated gang members. they don't belong anywhere. Remy belonged to the vulture gang when Fergus's father owned this. He terminated her after he got to know that she was the mole that exposed him to illegal deals."

........................................................................................

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and share.