CHAPTER - THE BRIEFCASE

Fergus tried to speak while all the other guys furiously started to shout

Fergus tried to speak while all the other guys furiously started to shout. feeling scared and maybe they didn't like the fact that i was interrupting them, i took a step back and then another till i turned around to walk back to find Elias. I snapped out of daze when i hear Fergus yelling, "EVERYBODY QUIET!!"

Silence followed after a sudden burst of yelling and the sound of doors closing echoed through the corridor and I could still hear some muffled voices. This time, Fergus was really angry because I know he doesn't want anyone to be loud in his mansion.

"She is no harm to anyone, she is in fact helping us to find them and go against Remy."

"Why did you even let her in your territory when you know she could be just manipulating you and everyone to help her parents?" Their words stung and I moved closer to hear them. I would rather help a stranger than help my parents at this point. After discovering so many truths about them, I don't see them as good anymore.

"To prove it to you, she and Elias have just completed their part of the mission. They have succeeded in bringing something of Sylvie's to distract her from our plan."

Nobody spoke after and the silence filled the room. it was only shattered when someone walks and speaks,

"There's someone who's willing to help us other than the scorpion gang. Strangely enough, your father's old rival, Lucien wants to have what was stolen from him. Remy has blown all his business units and his business is permanently shut down. She has taken more than 75 percent of his territory and what's left is just him and his army."

"could you do one more favor?" fergus asks and continues to speak,

"Gather all the information about Remy's pack. I just need one loophole. a name or a place where they go to or when it all started. any information which you have found, should be directly sent to me and not to anyone else."

" Fergus, what about her?"

" about who?" Fergus said with confusion laced in his tone while I was more attentive now.

"You know who. If she's on this mission then does she know what's about to happen? She is in a dangerous game and I don't think she knows that everybody is looking for her. luckily, she doesn't have anyone close to her but they know her and they are trying their best to locate her and get rid of her."

"I know . I know who is their focus and Clara thought it was best to move into the main quarters with her so that it will be impossible to even get close to her."

"The only thing I don't get is why are you helping her? you were the one who allowed Haitao to give her the card of yours because he thought she was your target. Heck, you even fooled us and we have known you since you were 17. you could have let any of them take her and your plan would have been worked out well. why are you so hell bent on letting her be alive and be with you in the mission?"

Words echoed in my mind and this was exactly what I have always wanted to ask him. Why did he even let me be stuck with him all this time apart from the mission. He should have kicked me out of his place. Since when did he become a nice person to me?

"I owe her."

Those three words created a havoc in my mind that would not go away till he explained everything to me. What did he owe me?

"You're giving her hope, brother. Once she knows what you did, you will break her and you won't be able to stop her. you're going to destroy an innocent girl who never meant any harm but she helped you so many times."

"The only thing that scares me more is that she hasn't asked me about the money that she should have gotten by now. I have been waiting for a response but there's something different about her. she is oddly calm even after all of this."

"She probably saw all of this since her childhood. I mean her parents were pretty much addicted to the greed and power that they forgot they were the people who are supposed to save others but not the opposite." Michael said and a strange deep voice speaks for the first time,

"Can she pull off acting skills?" i could only imagine the shock on fergus' face and it was the strangest question anybody could ask, especially when they were all talking about my past which is kind of creepy.

" Why do you ask?"

"i just might have a plan to make it all easier. Hayley is going to a private night club tonight and she is going to bribe the man in a gold mask to give her the briefcase. What if Clara and Ronnie go to the club and get that briefcase before Hayley takes it? Nobody will know the faces behind the masks and if that briefcase is out of their hands then, they have lost the true element of the war which was their one of the weapons to win against us."

"What's in the briefcase?"

"A dangerous drug that your father created before he got killed, he gave all the vials to Haitao to keep them somewhere safe. if those vials got leaked then one milligram of that will force you into the coma and extreme level of pain. a person who consumed it will die in days. This vial was planned for your sister. your sister was the victim who had to go through these horrible experiments and luckily she is still alive and she is one of the few people who survived all these tests. Remy wants it to become powerful and have the authority in the real world everywhere. Nobody knows what she will do with that amount of power."

There was no way Hayley would get the briefcase in that club. What if Zach was one of them too? The drugs weren't just heroin or cocaine but some messed up drugs that will cost anyone's life.

.......................................................................................

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and share.