CHAPTER - KILLERS ON LOOSE

"Tell him to come to the house right now

"Tell him to come to the house right now." I shouted at the guards and my patience was running out.

"Mam, you need to lower your voice, he cannot come tonight due to some problems at work." One of the guards spoke with panic in his tone but I didn't care. I wanted to get my answers tonight no matter what and Fergus promised me before the mission.

It has been hours since we arrived at our place. Our place? It feels weird but this place is all I have right now. I have received the payment and some phone as a reward but I didn't want that. I wanted to know if he could find my parents and especially my brother.

I stand stubbornly at the gates as I shout at the men guarding the place. One of them is trying to call Fergus and others are telling me to go back inside and not create a nuisance here. Soon, the bulky guy comes and writes "Sir is coming." He was the same guy who couldn't talk to Fergus at the hotel. I thought he could talk for some reason but I could be wrong.

I inwardly smile as I realize that things will be easy for now. I couldn't really sleep much and if I wanted to then those images will always come to my mind. I go back inside and wait patiently for the arrival of Fergus. In forty five minutes, I heard the door open and footsteps were leading towards me.

The first thing I noticed was that he wasn't wearing any suit. He was wearing a normal shirt and sweatpants and he looked like he just woke up from sleep. He was very furious at this point because I just woke him up from his beauty sleep.

"You think you rule over my men after one mission? If anything is to happen , it will happen according to you. So enjoy your luxury while you still have it. I gave you what you needed the most. Come on, you don't have a phone. Who the hell lives in the 21st century with no phone?" I listen to one of his tantrums. The more he lets out his frustration on me, the more childish he becomes. He looks scary for any stranger but I didn't spend a week with him, he doesn't look that intimidating. I'm not scared of him but I am definitely scared for him because of his temper issues.

I thought he would be abusive and would go to extreme levels to just satisfy himself but the man in front of me was quite different. He seemed more normal? The rumours and the things I have heard about him didn't describe him at all. Fergus is truly someone who never seemed to be dangerous around me. when I meant dangerous, I meant the people who wouldn't care if their family was dying in front of them. I haven't seen such cruelty in his behaviour.

"Are you dumb? Answer me when I need you to. Stop acting like a spoiled brat." I scoffed at the word 'spoilt brat' as I never asked him for anything but something simple.

"You told me you will come here because I wanted to tell you something and look at the time. It's frickin '2 am."

"Can't it wait for tomorrow? I haven't slept in days and I really need to sleep now."

" I suppose it can't wait because I need something from you and you don't have to give me money if you don't want to but I just want one thing from you." I looked at him dead serious and he got how scared as well as determined I was.

"I don't do favours with no interest, I want you to accompany me in the upcoming missions and only then will I help you." He says with careless tone but I didn't care about that.

" I will do whatever you want but I want you to find my family." I told him with no hesitation. He was shocked but he recovered from it and asked me "Is that what you want? I thought you were going to ask me something else." He mumbles as if he was talking to himself.

Fergus sits still for some moments before he chuckles which sends chills down my spine. He looks like he is reliving his past. He looks at me with so much hatred but I know it wasn't at me, it was at somebody else.

"It's a shame they abandoned you. Your family is no saint, Ronnie. They are just like Antonio and others." I nervously chuckled and thought what he said wouldn't be true right? My family was taken by some dangerous people and they are one of those people who would think good for others.

"you're wrong, my family is just like any family. They don't do such things. My family disappeared three years ago and ever since then I have been trying to find them. Sure, they can be intimidating and controlling and mean but they are just normal people like us." I ramble breathlessly.

He shakes his head and asks me, " why do you think I chose you in the first place for this mission? Your family is one of the people I'm after. They were neither doctors nor government agents. They are one of the prominent leaders in the underworld."

"They are murderers, Ronnie." He exhales and finally looks away from me. Everything made sense but nothing made sense to me. This life will be the reason for my insanity.

"Look around, Ronnie. The police will not solve the case even by ten years. People will eventually forget about your family and forget their existence. There is a motive behind your family's disappearance and now they are serial killers on loose.

That was a crazy answer but again, people do go crazy. His words make me not trust him at all.

.............................................................................................

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and share.