CHAPTER - CLARA

"Who is going to visit us now?" Theo asks sarcastically, while me and Fergus enter the office

"Who is going to visit us now?" Theo asks sarcastically, while me and Fergus enter the office. It feels like I came here years when in reality, it has just been a few weeks. The same office which I thought was a library, gave me insights of what was going on in the underworld or what people thought so. The fact that Fergus told me about his life made me feel warmth and he finally trusts me. Does that mean we are truly friends now?

Fergus grumbles while taking a seat on the couch beside Morris while Theo roams around, reading the papers which fell on the floor. This place needed a clean over. I join the two grumbling boys who were complaining how Theo shuts up for one time but Theo doesn't mind listening and folds some paper before placing it on the desk.

How could I ever forget this room? Me finding the old newspapers and now that Fergus revealed that his father was the one who did the dirty deeds and these newspapers were all along describing his father and not him. Even though I have heard his story, there was just something not adding up. How did Fergus know his sister was taken away by my parents? How did he know that his parents knew what was going on when the police tried to find her but couldn't?

A deep frown settled on my face and the current bickering of Theo and Morris seemed like some distant noises. I could hear Fergus saying something to them but I was falling back into this pit full of memories. I feel myself pulling away from reality and I could see myself pacing around the room.

The same Ronnie a few weeks back seemed so different, she was more affected and hurt. The constant worry in her eyes made her look like prey. Now she understood why she was so good at being a fool. The old Ronnie was too naïve to understand the two sides of the story. She thought there would be only one side of the story in which her family was the innocent victim. But she was so wrong and I wanted to tell her that this world is not the one she thinks is good. It was twisted and her fate unfortunately got twisted with it. The transition would have panicked me if I blinked because now, I was in that same room where the creepy guy left the bronze coin. The mission was simple; I had to give the bronze coin to a red hoodie girl. I had a feeling that I would meet her again.

A snap of fingers in front of my face brings me back to reality. I blink to get my focus back while Fergus pursues his lips in a thin line and slightly shakes his head. I shook my head to get rid of my thoughts and cleared my thoughts to fill this room with some noise.

"Sorry, you can continue." I said while hanging my head down to stare at my feet to ignore their intense gaze at me. they immediately focused on the piece of paper which was in the hands of Morris. I leaned towards them to take a look and it was a picture of a girl.

"It's time that we need an intermediate person. Vincent has already gone to Sylvie and my guess is Haitao would be the next one visiting and this time, he's not the only one who wants to show up. There's going to be a small army Haitao is going to be accompanied with. Sylvie is an egotistical player in this game. She thinks she could handle anyone but Haitao, he is different. He is the logical bastard and he is way smarter than her." Fergus speaks while the picture belonged to the same girl that I saw a few weeks ago.

The red hoodie girl; she was fully covered and her eyes were the only thing which made her look so mysterious and she was constantly looking at the cameras. She was the same person who kept looking at the bushes full of paranoia and fear. But her wild hair told a different story about her.

"What's her name?" Theo asked; and Fergus says the name which makes me freeze in the spot.

"Clara Aviles" Fergus exclaims with a faraway look in his eyes and he notices my paralyzed state. Theo was shocked to say anything and I assumed he knew who India Aviles was. Clara is the other sibling I saw in the painting, hugging India.

"India is alive and she is being held captive in Remy's territory. When she disappeared seven years ago, Clara joined me to help me to find her sister and Kiara too. But Kiara didn't get to live, at least that's what I know. India is being tortured and is the experimental object for all the drugs testing." Morris speaks up and his angry tone makes it only worse for us to imagine a lonely girl who is probably scared for her life and being used for such illegal things forcefully.

"Clara is best at tracking Haitao and he will lead us to our main target, Remy. If Sylvie is the right hand of Remy then Haitao is the left hand."

There were so many people who were held captive under Remy's control. That wasn't the only thing that shocked me. The name 'Kiara' brought Fergus to his breaking point. His glistened eyes looking at nowhere saddened me.

People can play such dirty tricks and now I understand why Fergus keeps referring to the situation as a game. It was a game for them and they like it twisted.

..............................................................................................

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and share.