Chapter 4

Luke

A clock started to ring and I heard Hunter say "Wake up dogs, we have to start running in 10 minutes", and he closed the door. The truth was that I had woken up two hours ago but I had decided to stay on the bed until the alphas came to wake us. I didn't sleep at all since I was nervous about today and the most serious reason where my parents.

After the accident that happened when I was seven years old, for the rest of my 11 years I still watched nightmares with them. All the psychologists I went they told me that I was very young to experience this situation and it had left behind a trauma. Also, they said that I have to overcome the accident and their deaths of them.

Certainly, I had Tucker, my older brother, and Noelle, my younger sister but something felt that was missing. You see my father was a sword-man so he ended up teaching me how to use a sword. After the accident, I hadn't touched a sword because it reminded me of him. I finally got off the bed to wake Ian because he was still sleeping. I tiptoe to his bed and I shook him slowly and said "Ian wake up and start to change because we have to go running", I got to my feet and walked out of our bizarre room. Yesterday, we had finished unpacking our things but Ian wanted to put on the wall posters of his favorite band. Well, I didn't have a problem with that but if you walked inside, you would eventually understand that my bed is the first one because I'm minimalist and Ian's is the second one because he has, all his things scattered all over his desk and clothes.

I opened the door and walked down the small corridor and I pushed through to the right door, which led to the living room. Parker sat on the left couch wearing sweatpants and a blue sweater with his sneakers. When he saw me, he said "Good morning, Luke", with a smile on his face. How was he awake, plus had a smile on his face.

"Morning, you know that it's half past five in the morning and you are smiling?", I asked him confused.

"Sometimes when was the summer holiday I woke up in the morning to do some running. That's why".

"Ok, I will have this on my mind. I will go and wake up the others. Is Tristan awake?", I said while yawning.

"Yes, I wake him up and he is in the bathroom. Hunter and Logan are in the kitchen".

"Ok thanks", I said and walked to the door of the opposite corridor. Meanwhile, I remembered what happened yesterday. Beyond knowing that I would have seven roommates, I didn't expect one of them to be a girl. The truth is that I'm really shy and introverted not only with girls but with guys too. In middle school, I didn't have many friends because they were mocking me for not having parents and being shy. Ludicrous, I know.

Then, in high school, I had some friends but they only cared if I could take them for a ride up the sky or if they could touch my wings. It was annoying and weird at the same time but I couldn't say to them to stop because I didn't want to be rude. However, the only person who saw me as a normal kid was Ian, but he was famous in middle school so we didn't talk much.

When I saw the door of the first room on my right I walked there and knocked. Eventually, I heard a small voice saying "Come in" and I opened the door and the light. Afterward, when the room was lightened, I peered at the place. It felt cozy and relaxing. The wall was light grey and the beds were the same as ours. They were vertical to the right wall but the opposite was the closet and next to it was a desk and opposite was the other one. Also, at the far wall, was a big window, which you could see the campus. I turned to Noah and I saw him studying me and I flushed because I was still in my pajamas.