Chapter 42

This chapter contains violence!

Tristan

I kissed her forehead goodbye and I went into the living room. "Are you ready?" My father asked us as I got there. We nodded. "Wait!" Emma called and rushed to Blake's arms. She hugged and kissed him on the lips. Ian rolled his eyes and Blake looked guilted.

"Return quickly and don't worry I and Noah will take care of Monica." She said and put a hand on Noah's shoulder. I growled and she looked at me surprised.

"Ok. We should get going. Mr. Aaron if you please." Hunter interrupted.

A portal appeared and Hunter went first with Logan beside him and us following them. Before the portal closed behind us I looked at Noah's pleaded face.

Protect her. 

I mouthed at him, and the portal closed. The place changed and then we were in a big plain with flowers. Apparently, in the fae world but on the east side. I looked around. Nobody was here. Only grass, flowers, and trees but you could feel the magic brushing your skin. I wrenched to the guys.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"They said they will be waiting on this side. A little further." Logan answered and started to walk. "But don't let your guard down. We are in an unfamiliar place, and we should be careful." Hunter added.

"I agree. All the creatures here are very cunning." Ian agreed.

"Is this your first time coming here?" Blake asked him.

Ian rubbed his chin. "I think I have come to the fae world four or five times to visit some relatives. Not something special."

Luke turned to me. "You?"

"Yeah. Maybe you can say that before we came to the academy, we used to come here every day."

"There they are." Parker pointed and we finally caught a glimpse of Maddie and the others. Maddie smiled at us and tried to search in our group for her friend. When she saw that she wasn't there her smile dropped. "Where's Monica?"

"Monica is sick. But we left Noah and Emma behind." Micah explained.

Tyson whistled. "You left Monica with Blake's ex and now girlfriend?"

"Are you insane? Whose idea was it?" Maddie glared at us. Lex put a hand on her shoulder. "Maddie it's not your business. They can do whatever they want."

"Monica didn't trust her and so do I from what she told me. Anyway, let's finish this thing and return to the academy. I don't like Monica being alone, sick, and hurt with her." Blake looked at the ground when Maddie was talking and said nothing.

"So, we have to retrieve a weapon from an underground temple to destroy the stone that can block us from shifting."