Chapter 37

This chapter contains violence!

 Logan

"FUCK!" I cursed out loud as the red and hot fire shot in every direction. Ian came forward to cast fire. His fire and Monica's collided, and it got us a moment to step back.

"Shit!" Ian said. Monica's fire was too strong, and it passed Ian's. Blake ran to him, but it was too late. A scream tore out of his throat as the fire caught him at his arm.

"Get back now!" Hunter shouted, and Blake caught Ian's other arm and dragged him to us. I summoned my shadows and created a barrier between us and the fire. I turned to the others. "It won't last forever."

"How are you?" Micah asked Ian. He looked like he was in real pain. "Fine." He said through clenched teeth. Screams sounded from the other side and the ground shook. Above us, the sky had turned black and a cold breeze passed us, like a tornado. "We have to do something," Noah spoke.

"We can't do anything. If her fire touches us, we are good as dead." Tristan answered.

"Then why is Ian still alive?" Hunter asked.

"I don't know, but it hasn't happened before." Luke's eyes widened in horror. We turned around.

The fire had somehow spread. Trees and plants danced in the crazy air. Black, sharp stones had come out of the ground. Two people from the council were nailed to two of them. Dark creatures were around with their mouths open with drools running. Their eyes were black with no trace of life. In front of them stood Monica. My heart was crushed. This wasn't her.

A demonic and evil creature was in her place. Her nails now huge, pointed, and black reached the ground. Her body was somewhat larger, and a black tail protruded from her waist. Not only that, but her veins were now pitch black, along with her eyes. The large canine reached up to her chin. The clothes were now rags compared to the ones she wore. Her hair was carefree, and her head was raised to the sky, screaming in pain and anger.

Black tendrils surrounded her. Tristan came beside me. "When your shadows break, I will go." He gestured to the gun in his hand, filled with sedatives."Are you crazy?" Noah growled at him. "She will kill you."

"We can't leave her like that. She's still Monica." Parker exclaimed. I turned to Hunter. "We will go shifted. If you see you can't take it, leave. We are her guardians."

"Look." Blake pointed to my shadows. They were shifting. "Get ready." I turned to look at Ian. His whole arm was burned, and it was red and awful to watch. "You don't have to fight," I said to him.

"No. I will fight with you." We all shifted except Tristan and Micah, and as my shadows left, a blast of fire and heat came to us. The fire had spread and, in some parts, it had vanished. "NOW!"

We ran towards Monica. She was screaming and thrashing her hands around her. We split, so we were in a circle with her in the center. Parker, Hunter, and Blake shot in her direction. Hunter jumped at her, but she turned and kicked him, sending him flying. He came down with a cry. A black tendril caught Blake's paw and lifted him in the air. Micah and Luke were next. With a gesture of her hand, the black pointed rocks locked Micah in a twisted way, so he couldn't move. Luke was closer to her due to his white wings, and his sword in his hand. "Look out!" Micah shouted at him.

With great speed, Monica shot him four daggers. They found their target at Luke's arms and thighs, one at each. He came to his knees as Monica turned to him. "MONICA, WAKE UP!" Noah shouted from behind her. Monica didn't move, and Noah became very still. Then he was lifted from the ground as he screamed in pain. His body started to twist in a very painful way, a little more and his bones will break. The air was like it had disappeared and it was too difficult to breathe.

A growl came and Parker send Monica to the ground with him. I flapped my wings and shot above them. My shadows wrapped around Monica while Parker stood. Ian sent a cold wave around and went to Luke's side. Blood was running from his woods. Parker shifted to his human form and went to Monica. "What the fuck are you doing!?" I shouted to him. I came down to the ground and went to grab his arm.

"We have to help her." He said.

"You haven't looked at her," I spoke loudly. I pointed to the creature. "THIS ISN'T MONICA!"

"YES, SHE IS!" He shouted to my face.

"GUYS!" Ian screamed. We turned, but too late. The creatures came at us at full speed. We fell to the ground and I lost my grip on my shadows. I tried to sit, but the creatures held us. No.

I turned with wide eyes around. None of us could fight. We were injured and kept held. I wrenched towards Monica. I shivered from fear. She slowly started to sit and came to a stand. She threw her head back and screamed in pain while she clawed at her back. Blood ran down her once beautiful body. The whole ground shook. My vision blurred. 

I gasped as she angled her body forward and, I watched in slow motion, a black skeletonized and torn wing burst from her back. A mix of black and red liquid ran through her wing and her back. She screamed in pain. It was like I was watching through an old TV and it made too many parasites, the display was blurry and I couldn't see well. Still, the sound of parasites sounded around me.

"KILL"

"OMG," I whispered in horror.

"NO!" Noah shouted. It was our end. This monster couldn't be stopped.

A shadow moved behind her and injections pierced her flesh. Tristan appeared and ran to her. He continued to shoot at her, but she turned and in an instant, she was in front of him. He widened and she grabbed him by the neck. My tattoo with the guys flashed at my skin and a pain came at me. Monica's pain. It was like a stab in my lungs. The pain was too much.

"TRISTAN!" I shouted in desperation. She will kill him. We all started to scream. A form came behind her and long and strong arms came around her body. She dropped Tristan like he was acid. The screams and the thrashes came back, but we couldn't look at the other form.

The creature slowed its moves and fell to its knees. A burst of power passed us and everything stopped. The fire disappeared along with the cold, the rocks, and the creatures. We all stood and walked slowly to the creature. Its wing had turned to ash. The veins, the fangs, the tail, and the eyes left, returning our Monica.

Her eyes closed and her body loosened. The body behind her caught her and lowered her to the ground. My breath caught in my throat. My blood ran cold. It wasn't possible. I must have hit my head.

"Ethan?"

My voice was raspy, but the guy in front of me lifted his head. Blue, familiar eyes looked back at me.

"Long time no see."