Chapter 26

Monica

I strode into the kitchen as Logan placed the pancakes on the plates. One week has passed since our training in the woods and things are good. The guys got used to my powers and now I'm freer to act how I want but Blake has been distant. I know he's upset about what I did to him but this is weirder. Any time I go to a room with him inside he says an excuse and leaves. The guys won't tell me but I will find out and I will persuade him that all this time it wasn't a lie.

"Have you packed?" Logan asked me. I turned to him confused. "What do you mean? Are we moving?"

He stared at the wall. He looked disappointed. But with what? Or with whom. "I told Blake to tell you about the holidays. But I guess he didn't say anything to you."

"What holidays? We have been at school for two weeks after the Christmas holidays and now we have again. What is this time? Easter?"

He rolled his eyes. "They want us to train not to sit on a couch for a whole day that's why we have these holidays. We are leaving in a few minutes."

My eyes widened. "We are leaving in a few minutes and nobody had the concern to tell me anything? Fuck." I turned angry with them and head to my room. I closed the door and exhale. "Someday I will smack the shit out of them. The bastards." I said to no one. What? I like to talk to myself it's not a bad thing. I think the air understands you more than a person. No offence. I take a few clothes and to tell you the truth I don t care what I will take with me. I threw two pairs of shoes; my headphones and closed them. I put on my jacket and walked out of my room. I don't turn my eyes to the guys who are in the living room with their bags. When I pass Blake who is standing, I stop and turn to him.

"Thank you for letting me know about the holidays. Oh, and I will say this: I never faked anything. Everything was real but you are so stupid that you couldn't see what was in front of you. And you can stop ignoring me. I know that you are sick of my face but stop. Just stop!" I shouted the last words. His eyes widen and tears gathered in my ears. I turned and left through the door. As I ran, I wiped them before anyone saw them. It's my fucking fault that I help them. I help them and in the end, I'm like trash to them.

I'm sick of this. I want to run away from everyone. Nobody can understand me. Sometimes I wish Ethan didn't have to die back then but I. Just how many years, months, weeks, days or minutes are they going to stay with a monster? I stopped at Ian's car and tossed my bags inside. I placed my head on the cool surface and closed my eyes. Hands were placed on either side of me and I lifted my head.

"Stop running away. It wasn't your fault." Tristan said and he circled me with his arms. My back was at his chest and I lowered my head against his shoulder. "I can't Tristan. I think I'm tired of it. I just can't." My voice cracked at the end and he growled. He spun me and took my face in his hands.

"Don't say that again. I don't want to hear this ever from your mouth. Okay? Monica we all have some problems or insecurities, call them whatever you want, but we engage them. We examine them and love them. It's who we are, who you are and if we want to love you, we have to love these insecurities."

"But-" I started.

"For fucks say." And then his mouth is on mine. His lips were soft and I returned the kiss. He signed in relief but then he grabbed me and brought me closer. His hands travelled to my ass and squeezed. I moaned. Footsteps sounded and I broke away from him. I turned to see Parker with a smirk on his face and dark eyes. "That was hot as hell." He said casually like he just didn't catch his best friend with the girl he kissed.