Chapter 31

WARNING! This chapter contains violence.

Luke

"Do you know why he wants to see me?" I asked Matteo as I followed him down the corridor to the principal's office. He shook his head. "I'm sorry but he didn't tell me why. Only to bring you to him." I nodded. We continued until he knocked at his door. "Come in."

Matteo opened the door for me. I passed through and the door closed with a click. The room was the same as the other times with Mr. Clearborn sitting at his desk. "Please Luke, take a sit." I walked and sat at the chair waiting for him to speak. I was in trouble? Should I be worried?

Clearborn laughed. "You don't have to worry. I called you here for a mission to take." My muscles relaxed and I looked at him. "A mission? Shouldn't the guys be here too?" He cocked his head.

"No, this mission is only for you. I have some other missions for the others too but all of you are going solo this time to see what you are capable of alone."

"Okay." I ran my hand through my brown hair. "So, we have been informed that a club at Housten is kidnapping people especially women to illegal organizations for prostitution."

"And you want me to stop them?" He took his package with cigarettes and lighted one. Smoke came from his mouth when he exhaled. "The head there is a Nephilim angel and I choose you because you have something in common."

"You want me to kill him?" I asked slowly. He nodded. "But how am going there? We are talking about Houston here and now am in Dallas."

He waved a hand. "Monica will take you." A spark shot through my body when I heard her name. "But you said this is a solo mission?"

"Yes. She will only take you there and leave because she has to be to some other places. Then, when you finish, she will come back and get you."

"When I leave?"

"As soon as possible in other words now. You will go there and form a smart plan. The others are leaving too so I think it's time for you to go."

I stood. "Thank you, sir." I went and opened the door. "Luke?" I turned back. 

"Be careful." I nodded and closed the door. I made my way down the corridor but when I was at the top of the stairs a voice stopped me.

"Luke!" I knew that voice. That sweet voice. I turned only to have Monica smashed into my chest. She was running so fast that she couldn't stop in time. I grabbed her by the shoulders, "Monica, are you okay?"

She pulled back and her green eyes found mine. She smiled politely. "Yeah, I'm sorry. Are you okay?" I chuckled but I nodded. She took my form and fixed my shirt from our crash. I grabbed her wrist. Her skin was cold but her face was the opposite. "Don't worry. So why are you here?"

She jumped as she remembered why she was there. "Ah yes. I will take you to Dallas as I must assume Mr. Clearborn said." I gave her a confused look. "But am not ready. I have to take clothes, money, and weapons."