Chapter 34

Monica

I ran through the flared hallways. Red was the only thing I could see and the fire's heat passed through me, making me hot. Two men stepped out and ran to me. Tall with black eyes and weird bodies. With a cruel smile. I didn't return it. I was too angry. I passed them and they turned with a confused look. I continued while their bodies opened in two like something had sliced them from head to toe. Blood and organs spluttered around, and I headed toward the screaming. I had to run. With a gesture of my hand, the door ahead of me burst open and I emerged inside. The fire was here, fast burning the furniture. The smell of wood came to my nose, and I turned to the scream. A little boy, maybe five years old, was at the corner of the wall. I headed there and gently grabbed him by his shoulders.

"It's okay. You will be fine."

His exhausted and bloodshed eyes found mine and my heart squeezed. His breath was slow and eventually, he could die. I wrapped one arm under his legs and the other under his back and lifted him. I went back to the door facing the window ahead. I hadn't much time left. I ran straight to the window. The noise wasn't louder than the flames that burned the building. Hot and sharp glass cut me, and I burst through the cold air outside. I started to fall but the fear didn't come. I landed with a loud thud at the ground making it crack at some places. I laid the boy down as pain shot through my whole body. I ignored it. I had to make it. To save him before he died.

His eyes were closed and was at the edge. Too much of the smoke had gone to his lungs. They were useless. I started to sing as my veins started to glow light blue. A veil of glow wrapped the boy's body.

"So, I cross my heart, and I hope to die. That I'll only stay with you one more night. And I know, I've said it a million times. But I'll only stay with you one more night. Ooh, ooh ooh." I collided my fingers together at both hands and hit at the nerves at the boy's neck. A large breath came out of him, and I signed. Thank God.

I retrieved my hands and stood. I turned at the still-burning building. Sirens sounded in the distance as my red fire covered the strange flames, bringing them to their knees and extinguishing the fire. My focus shifted to the boy, and I stopped my healing powers as his body was new. I blanket appeared in my hands and I covered the boy with it. The police and the fire department were coming. I started to walk in the dark woods as the trucks and cars stopped at the scene. I slipped behind a tree and leaned on it. "What just happened here?" A man shouted.

"My baby boy!" A woman shrieked and I realized it was the boy's mother. "Mam please step back."

"What?" she asked, confusion at her voice.

"What is mam?"

"He's fine. He doesn't have a scratch on him."

"What are you talking mam? That's possible. You said your son was inside. Maybe someone was inside and helped him?"

"It doesn't matter. My son is okay by some miracle and if someone saved him, I thank him. The only that matter is that my son is alive." She said through sobs. A small smile tugged at my lips and my black smoke curled me and I shifted to another place.