Chapter 43

Monica

"What are talking about?" I asked with my eyebrows raised. She was bluffing. She laughed and turned to the guys. Some students had come into the room and I narrowed my eyes. "Have you ever considered where her victims go after she kills them?"

My eyes widened and I bared my teeth. The collar jinks me and I redo the barrier. When I woke up and found that they had left and gone into a trap, I was furious but hell-worried. That time the collar had squeezed my body and I had found a way where I could use my powers without nearly dying. I could fight, but the aftermath was going to be bad. Like when I found them in the forest, blood was running down my nose and my body was weak, but with the barrier, I could cover this. So in the end, the other people could see a normal Monica without any traces of weaknesses or symptoms from the collar.

"What do you mean?" Ian asked her.

She waved a hand. "Tell me, Luke, where do you think she does with her killings?" He opened his mouth and after a minute closed it. "I don't know."

Tristan stepped forward. "Stop with the questions and tells us the damn thing you want to say."

"She sends them to the hospital?" Noah said, but it sounded more like a question.

I didn't like where this was going. This bitch is sick. She laughed bitterly. "If she was only sending them to the hospital! She's more sick than that."

"Just say, what are you trying to!" Parker exploded, furious. She smiled, a cold smile. "Why do you think she's becoming stronger every day? How she can't control herself and ends up being a monster?"

The guys exchanged glances with me, but I was waiting for what she was going to say.

She pointed a finger at me. "When she kills her victims, she gives them to her pets and then the energy and powers of the victim go straight to her. She eats her victims so she can be stronger! Why do you think she's more barbaric now? Because she got the characteristics of her victims!" My eyes widened. The guys gasped and some of them were pale.

 "Yeah, right now we believe you," I said casually.

"Well... Her thinking is somehow right." Blake said. My heart beats harder and vibrates through my ears.

"What are saying, Blake?" I spoke, and the guys eyed me with disbelief. 

No.

"Then where are your victims go after you kill them?" Logan asked.

I turned to my best friend and looked him in the eyes. I opened my mouth and a hard tug pulled my words back. I couldn't say to them about the graveyard. I was banished to say to anyone about it. A tear ran down my cheek. His eyes widened, and I saw the betrayal in them. A grunt sounded, and I turned as Noah bent over and threw up to the floor. Blake and Micah rushed to rub his back in confront. I extend my hand to them.

"This is your loyal and kind best friend and lover! Look at her, she can't even say the truth to your faces!" I withdrew my hand as my eyes went to Tristan. His face was disgusted by ...me. Tears started to fall. "No. P- Please." I trembled.

"You are sick." Tristan only said. The guys matched his expression, and my heart shattered. 

No. Please.

 Listen to me. 

Whispers started to sound around me from the students who had gathered. They looked at me like I was a monster. I turned to Maddie and her boyfriends for help. She was crying into Lex's arms. She wasn't looking at me. Mr. Aaron and Mr. Clearborn were looking at me like I was a disappointment.

I took a step forward. "P- please."

All of them took a step back. Tristan growled, "Leave.", and as he said that I knew he was damn serious. I dropped the thing I had received from the fae world and vanished into thin air. I appeared in a forest and as my feet touched the ground I screamed in pain from the words they said and their reactions, anger for not believing me.

I dropped to the ground. My body was so heavy, and I couldn't move. I removed the barrier and I let my tears and blood fall.

                                                                                       •••••••

I don't how many hours I was there. Even days. At some point, it started raining, but I didn't care. I felt so broken inside. How could they not believe me? I was Monica. I wasn't a monster. Right?

I got up and punched the ground in frustration and from my sorrow. The trees caught fire as black clouds appeared in the blue sky. I punched and screamed. "WHY!", my breaths came faster, "WHY IS NO ONE BELIEVING ME! WHAT HAVE I DONE?" I sobbed.

Fluffy appeared in my side with Nirvana, and they nuzzled to my cold body. "W-why? Am I not a living too?"

I shivered from the cold. I hate you all.

                                                                                   •••••

My eyes opened slowly and I tried to stand. My body was so weak. I couldn't stand it. I tried to teleport. After fifteen minutes I appeared in the familiar house where the guys and I had come for a break. I watched the water from the lake. It was so peaceful. And lonely. I walked slowly to the house and when I got inside I collapsed in the coach.

My stomach growled. I hadn't eaten. I slowly stood up and headed to the kitchen. I opened the cabinets. I didn't find anything. I decided to open the fridge. There was an apple and a lot of bears. I grabbed three bottles of bear and the apple. As I exited the room, I found bread in the bread pan. I returned to the coach and my dirty fingers chopped a piece of bread. I put it in my mouth. It was difficult to chew. I stared blankly at the closed TV, not wanting to open it.

All these fucking years, I've been trying to do my fucking job. I had been kind to those who were in need and cruel and cold to the ones who were evil. I lost my parents and my best friend. In the process, I lost many of my people. Now I lost my best friends and lovers. The people who supported me, loved me, and cared for me.

I was nothing. A monster that had lost itself a very long time.

I remember my time with the guys and their smiles. Then I recalled their expressions when Emma had said these things. Bile rose to my throat, and before I could run to the bathroom, I bent over and emptied my stomach on the floor. My stomach hurt, my head, my body, my heart. I stood and went to the kitchen sinking and cleared my mouth. I looked down at my clothes. They were ripped, and covered in blood and dirt.

I didn't care anymore. I closed all the lights of the house, grabbed the bottles of beer, and went into a dark corner. I put my back on the wall and slide down.I opened the bottle and took a sip. It was a strange taste. I put again the bottle in my mouth. And again. And again. When the three bottles were emptied, I went to the kitchen and grabbed the other until the fridge was empty.