Chapter 28

This chapter contains violent scenes! 

Monica

I kept walking down the aisle with the guys beside me. "What do you think they want this time?" Hunter asked me. I forced my eyes to keep looking ahead. "I already know."

"So, what happened? What-" Instead of turning right where the office was, I turned left. "Monica, where are you going?" Tristan grabbed my arm and I came to a stop. I took off his grasp and crossed my arms on my chest. "We are going there where we are needed. This was my job, Logan's, Tristan's, and Noah's but now that you know maybe you want to help. Besides the principal had already decided to send you to kill these creatures."

"We can come too?" Luke turned to me. I nod. "If you want. You are not going to die because..." I will be there and I will not let anything to happen to you. "I'm impressed that you decided to let us come with you to a mission." Logan smiled warmly.

"We are so proud of you, Monica." Ian teased.

"If you continue like this, I will leave you behind." I turned and I call into my power. Black smoke erupted us and the next second we were on a slope of a mountain. The trees were big and we nearly could see the sky while large grey stones and bushes covered the path. I turned my head up. Voices. "Watch your step," I called from my shoulder and started to walk up to the top of the mountain. "How do you know where we are going?" Parker asked me.

"She can sense where we are and she already knows how many are the numbers of the enemy," Noah answered in my place.

"I think my legs will give out," Ian exclaimed and I shook my head. "Maybe you have to make them run for miles, big guy."

Hunter snorted. "When we will return home, I will make some changes." Noah threw his hands in the air. "Come now, Hunter. We are just fine." I don't continue the conversations and force my legs to move. They talk and talk but stop when we reach the top. The view is beautiful. Expect from my injured soldiers who lay down, stitching their injuries while others are preparing to fight again. "What the fuck is that?" Parker gasped.

Many of the soldier's heads turned in our direction and a figure came forward. I headed to him while I called my healing power and the injured soldiers glowed with light. I stopped in my tracks when I was in front of him. He bowed his head and I gave him a nod. "Asher, how are things?"

He signed and gestured with his eyes to the soldiers with now healed skin. "They are new. Caiden brought them." I clenched my hands. "And he dared to bring new soldiers without me knowing. They almost died." A hand came to my shoulder and I turned. My eyes met Tristan's. My nerves immediately calmed and I exhaled.

I turned back to Asher. "If any solder wants to fight, he can come. I came with help." His eyes studied each of the guys and last he smirked. "What a lovely company." I blushed. "Indeed. Go and announced the news. I will not wait for them."

He nodded, turned, and left. I started to walk to the edge of the mountain. We were meters high and I still could look down where trees covered the whole ground. But ahead between two large mountains were the creatures. You could eventually see them. All the place was covered in green and brown but they had the color of black. I believe that their boss had his reason to make them black.