Chapter 54

Warning! This chapter contains sexual scenes.

Ethan

I couldn't wait any longer. It had been two weeks since we found Monica in the woods in this strange egg. I went every day to see if the situation had improved. So did the others, even though they didn't say it. Although we understood when one said he was going for a run, or doing exercise, we knew he had gone to see her. I just wanted to go and see that she was there. That she wouldn't leave me again. The truth is when he went and saw her again, Tristan's father told us that the holes were about to close, and now they were smaller wounds. Of course, he still had no breath. We, however, would wait until she gets well and have her back in our arms.

A few days ago we wrote the last lesson and yesterday we got the grades. Although I came a little late I wrote something but also perfectly. At least I passed the class like the rest. They had missed several classes when Monica died but when we came back from the battle they put their asses down and read. I buttoned my shirt and pulled up the zipper of my jeans. I looked in the mirror. Perfect. We were preparing for the ceremony in honor that we passed to the next class and the older ones who would finish the academy for good.

Micah patted me on my shoulder. "Let's go. We don't want to be late." I nodded and followed him outside into the living room. Wow, we looked good. All of us wore either white shirts except Ian, Hunter, Tristan, and Blake who wore black shirts with black or dark blue jeans. "Well look at this. We are hot as hell, guys!" Ian exclaimed and Luke hit him in the back of his head. I chuckled along with Parker.

"I hope we will keep this room for the next year too." Noah said looking sad.

"Hunter talked with Mr. Clearborn and maybe we will keep it." Logan answered. Immediately, Noah's face lightened and he looked at Hunter. Hunter blushed. He coughed and said, "Let's go because if we are late I think he will regret it."

We followed him outside. When we stepped outside in the large yard it was crowded. Chairs had been placed which we helped to put yesterday and now students and parents were sitting waiting for the principal.

"I see Lex. He has kept our seats." Micah spoke and we headed in Lex's direction. We took our seats as Mr. Clearborn made it to the platform.

"Thank you for being here today, students and parents. We've had a wonderful year if we take away the last situation that arose, so I want to thank your children, you my good students, who risked your lives and helped save the world. I still see that most of them wrote fantastically and others mediocrely. Don't be intimidated. Here again next year we will be. In order not to be long, I will pass on to the students."

He kept talking about the top performers, the best teams and the second was Lex's team. Maddie jumped up and went up with her team excited. Mr. Clearborn turned to us. "As for the best team, I would like to call up the team of Logan's and Hunter.'s"

We stared at each other amused and Hunter made us a motion to stand. We went ahead and climbed the platform and sat next to each other. "These men were amazing in their first year. They fought and gave their best. Hunter, would you like to say something?"

In the crowd, I also saw Tristan's family. They had kissed and made up. Other parents were there even though I didn't know them. Hunter took a step and grabbed the microphone. "Well, I did not expect to give a speech, but I will try to be brief. We thank the school and the teachers who managed to endure us and lead us to this point. To tell you the truth at first I wasn't happy to have a girl on my team. I didn't like it, but little by little she showed with her actions and words that I was wrong. It made me laugh and have a good time. In the end, I ended up falling in love with her-" Some people were crying from his words and my stomach tightened. "Sadly we couldn't tell her how much we loved her because she died." His voice in the end became a whisper. "I hope if she listens to me I say that I will love her until I die. Thank you."