Chapter 21

Blake

After several minutes in the car, we finally turned to the road where the academy was. I still processed what had just happened today. We went to our first mission, I shifted and fought alongside my team, and we tracked down Monica who was kidnapped, she released her true self and set three cars in flames.

Yeah, a lot to process. I still remember Monica's face when she was on the roof of the car. I was so worried about her at the time. I thought she would fall out of the car and smash her head on the ground.

Although, I wasn't afraid of her expression. At some time, I thought she would have killed anyone who stood in her way but I knew she wouldn't. She isn't that type of person.

"Stop dancing. You are rubbing yourself to me." Hunter spoke.

"It's not my fault that you can't even drive properly a car." She arched a brow. All this time, she has been sitting in Hunter's lap and Hunter himself hadn't said anything.

"We are here," Luke said and I turned to stare out of the window at the familiar woods. Suddenly I felt something hardening underneath. I started coughing after I realized what was happening.

"Sorry, I can't do anything. It's a natural feeling you know." Ian said with a chuckle. Omg, I want out of this car, now.

Monica turned to the open gates, and she steered to the parking lock. Finally.

"Out everyone," Logan called and slowly each one of us got out of the car. I stretched my body and inhaled the familiar smell of this place.

"Guys, we used this car to drive but we didn't search for any clues. Maybe they have left something behind in there." Parker said. We exchanged glances and Hunter nodded.

"Yeah, that's a pretty good idea. Get in work." We opened again the door and the boot lid while Monica opened the hood of the car. As I started to head back to the car, I caught sight of Nathaniel in the woods. Suspicion crawled inside me, and I turned to the guys.

They were too busy searching for the car and they didn't notice me as I walked into the woods. When I was enough inside them, I tried to catch Nathaniel's smell. I grimaced. His smell is not the best. I walked and walked and came to a stop.

"How long are you going to hide behind that tree, Nathaniel?"

He chuckled as he appeared out of his hideout. He came to stand in front of me with his arms crossed. He looked down at me with the most annoying expression on his face.

"I see that you got a lot stronger. I shouldn't have underestimated you, Blake. So, how was your mission? I thought that you wouldn't come back. Maybe another time." He spoke.

I put my hands on my hips and glared at him. "Nathaniel, I didn't come here to listen to your bullshit. I'm leaving." I turned and started to walk back.

"Your friend is a really good liar, you know?" I stopped in my tracks. I turned back to him.

"What are oy talking about? Which friend?" Fear and unease ran through my body from his statement. He laughed.

"The chick. She has you played in her hands." My fists curled into fists. "Don't talk about her like that." He smiled darkly.

"Your brother must be a bright person to think such a plan." I couldn't take it anymore and I walked, grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, and faced him.

"What the fuck are you talking about? What do my brother and Monica have to do with what you said?" I glared at him. He chuckled again and shoved me away from him. I staggered back and continued glaring at him.