Chapter 41

Micah

I took the wet towel and placed it on her sweaty forehead. Minutes before Hunter had left me to his post so he could take a shower and sleep for an hour or two. Before he left for the bathroom, he hesitated but I reassured him that she will be okay with me.

Monica's condition hasn't improved but what am saying? She only got sick hours ago, so she couldn't have gotten better. Her body was still a mess. Bruises, cuts, broken bones. Hot anger raced through my veins, and I clenched my hands. I will kill them. I will fucking rip them apart. Jackson wouldn't let this happen. Okay, he is obsessed with Monica, they always fight and break their bones, but this is different.

She almost survived and now she is down with the flu. I'm sure Caiden is responsible for this. These things and I eyed the bracelets at her body, are the council's doing. My eyes snapped back at her as she turned in her sleep, murmuring something. I grabbed the edge of the blanket and covered her to her neck. "How's she?" Luke approached me with Ian on his trail. I shook my head.

"Still hasn't wake up. She must be very exhausted."

"What are you thinking?" Ian asked me. I gave him a snort. "Many things. How I will kill my father and the others. I'm fucking worried about her and the attacks." Luke rested his hand on my shoulder in comfort. "I believe in her."

"Us too," Logan said from behind us and I turned. He was leaning against the door with his eyes on Monica. "The others?" I asked.

"Ethan and Noah are in the kitchen and Hunter is sleeping."

"What are we going to do with these? Should we take them off?" Ian's hand moved to Monica's wrist. Suddenly, Monica started to cough, and Ian retrieved his hand back so quickly that he was shot with electricity. Monica's coughs echoed through the room but still, she didn't open her green eyes.

Footsteps and voices sounded down the hall and a second later Tristan appeared on the door. His breathing was fast like he was running, and he had black circles under his eyes. His panic was showing, and he came and sit beside me. "Why is she coughing? Did you give her a sirup for her sore throat? Maybe we have to call someone-"

"Tristan, calm down. She was beaten up, she's sick and has these things on her, so gave her a break." Parker said to him.

"And she's not a rock. She's still a human who can get sick." I added. He signed. "I'm so worried."

"We all are but let's give her space and go eat breakfast. You know that Monica wouldn't like it if we didn't eat or sleep." Logan spoke.

"He's right." Ian agreed and me and Tristan stood. We left slightly her door open and made our way to the kitchen. "Sit. The food is ready." Ethan said. I took my seat on the table and grabbed my fork. "All good?" Ethan asked us.

"So and so," Ian answered. "Hey." Blake walked inside and took his seat. Luke stared at Tristan. "You should take some sleep. You don't look well."

Tristan shrugged. "I will take a nap today and I will be okay." His head snapped up and I turned when Hunter and Mr. Aaron appeared in the doorway. Tristan stood. "Dad-" Aaron cut him with his hand.