Chapter 23

This chapter contains violence!!!

Logan

Pain and fear came through our link with Monica, and I could hear her screaming for help. I increased my pace as I ran through the woods with the guys behind me. "Hurry!" I shouted to them. Tristan caught my pace and from his expression, I could understand that he was angry and afraid at the same time. The trees became a blur as I passed them and when I felt her power, I slowed my pace. I burst through a clearing and scanned the area. The whole place was cold, and black smoke had wrapped around the trees and the ground.

"What is happening?" Blake asked as they stopped behind me. A gasp escaped them when they saw the dead bodies of some creatures on the ground. A growl and a scream came some meters in front of me. I ran there and I put my hand in to prevent the guys to continue. Ugly creatures with different shapes were there. Some had claws, while others had long teeth, fur, or saliva dripping from their mouth.

"What the fuck is this?" Ian asked. Then from nowhere Monica ran toward them and slashed them with her black nails. Her eyes were half green, half black and she had long fangs. She growled loud and started to punch them and uproot their arms, legs, and heads. When she had the last one on the ground, she stopped above it. I couldn't see her expression because she had her back to us.

"Is that..." Luke started to speak.

"Yes," Tristan said proudly. Parker took a step forward and I grabbed him by his arm. "Don't." To Tristan, I said, "Get ready."

"Monica?" Noah slowly asked but she didn't turn. Tristan pulled his blades from his pockets and waited. Monica gently stood to her height but still she didn't turn. I couldn't hear her anymore in my head. "Monica?" Blake asked. She turned so fast that we couldn't see her in front of us. Her nails collided with Tristan's blades. She backed away and slammed her foot on his side and sent him to the other side on a tree bunk. She took the opportunity and ran to us.

I shoved her back with my shadows and grabbed her by the ankles. She screamed in frustration but kept fighting. Luke walked toward her, but she broke free and attacked him. He was ready and swung his sword at her but she simply caught it and smiled. White sharp teeth with little blood that gave you the creeps were shown. Hunter jumped in and punched her in the face. Her head turned to the side, and she kicked him on his stomach. She grabbed Luke's collar and lifted him.

"NO!" Ian shouted as red flames surrounded her and she dropped Luke so she couldn't get burnt. "MONICA STOP!" Noah shouted from behind me. The guys came to my side, and we stared at the flames for a second but then she burst from them and launched herself at us. We were unprepared when she came, staring at her her eyes, frozen in place, as she brought her nails to slash our bodies. Chains wrapped around her ankles and wrists, and they stopped her face inches from ours.

"Bring her down!" Someone shouted. Men dressed in black suits emerged through the woods while they held the edge of the chains. They started to pull her away from us while she screamed from rage and pain.

"Faster!" Mr. Aaron ordered them, but Monica was too stubborn and swung her right arm to the left along with the man who held it. He screamed as he fled and ended to get smacked on a tree. He dropped dead with a thud on the ground and Monica got a chance to come back again. A chain wrapped around her neck, and she grabbed it with both her hands to get it off. "NOW!" They pulled back while she wasn't paying attention and she fell backwards to the grass. Six men ran to her, including Mr. Aaron.