Chapter 44

Chapter with violence! 

Monica

I groaned as I opened my eyes. I had fallen asleep when I was drinking. I got up, not caring about gathering the empty bottles. I decided it was time to go back. I put my barrier again and reappeared in our room. The place was empty, the guys were sleeping. I went to the bathroom and removed my clothes and burned them. I looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were puffy and red from crying, my body was covered in bruises and cuts. Under my eyes had started to appear black circles.

I took a shower and when I finished I headed to my room to put on clothes. When I was ready, I looked in the mirror again. The guys and the others will only see a healthy Monica. Without her eyes and body being like that.

A noise sounded from the hall and the kitchen. I gathered my strength and went to the kitchen. All of them were sitting and eating along with Emma. When they saw me, they didn't say anything. They returned to their food. I took a step forward, "Guys"

"Huh? Has the princess returned?" Tristan mocked.

"I know that you" my voice sounded raspy and I cringed.

Blake stood, "How could you come and display your fucking face! After the lies you told and your little plans!"

"Listen to me-"

"Monica leave." Hunter bared his teeth. "You are upsetting Noah and Luke."

I looked at them. They were pale and they trembled with fear. I took a step forward. Parker stood and came in front of them. "Was any of this real?" He asked, and I knew the frustration and betrayal in his voice.

"You are not welcome here," Noah spoke. He was broken. I had broken him. I gave a last glance at Ethan and Micah. They had concern in their eyes. I turned and left. Leaving them behind.

                                                                                    ••••••

Maddie wasn't talking to me. No one. And the worst of all? The whispers and the gossip had started. Everywhere I was going, students talked about me. "She's a monster."

"How can she be so sick and cruel?"

"And we thought she was kind."

"Disgusting."

At night, I wasn't sleeping well. Only two or three hours. The circles under my eyes had become darker. I didn't eat. I wasn't exercising. I did some of my homework, but my grades had fallen. All the time I was in the forest or the rooftop. The guys weren't talking to me. They passed me like I didn't exist. They didn't look at me. I was a ghost. A dead person to them.

As the weeks passed, I drank more. One day I took drugs. It took my sorrow away for a moment. I was in a forest deep inside, nearing the vampire's territory. A sensation rushed through my body. No.