Chapter 36

Monica

The sweet aroma of the brownies surrounded the whole kitchen, and I licked my lips. Logan chuckled. "There are not made for you, you know that, right?"

"I know." I giggled.

The rest of the guys were in the living room doing their homework, while Logan and I were preparing brownies for Edward's birthday. He was a close friend of Tristan's dad, and I had met him a few times.

I took the container in my hands, waiting for the brownies to get cold. "He will love them."

"It's his favorite." Logan agreed. After some minutes, he asked, "How are you feeling?"

I turned to him. "Fine, I guess." He eyed me and I thought of something funny and added, "Now that I have all of you, assholes."

He smiled. Then for a second, something flashed in his eyes and he turned to the door. "The principal wants us for something. We are going, and then we are going to come back. Blake will stay with you."

Something stabbed me inside my stomach. "Is everything alright?"

He smiled at me. "Yes, don't worry about it." He headed out, and I called, "Hurry back to surprise Edward."

I turned to the brownies. After three minutes, the door closed and Blake came inside.

"Damn, they smell good." He licked his lip piercing. My gaze shot there and I blushed.

"Thank you."

A long pause passed without talking, and I shifted from one foot to another.

"How are things with Emma?" Jealousy didn't suit me. He hesitated.

"To tell you the truth, I'm not sure. Mostly I'm confused."

"Why?" I pushed.

"I don't know if I like her anymore."

"Why is that? Did she do anything?" I asked.

His eyes glittered as he looked at me, and I shivered. "I think I like someone else." My eyes grew wider and my breathing became faster. We stared at each other for a long time without talking. Something forced me to walk in front of him and take his face, and smash my lips against his.

But I didn't do it. It wasn't the time. Something was off.

I turned and started putting the brownies inside the container. I close it and I headed out of the kitchen while Blake's eyes trailed over me.

Likewise, I went to the door. "Where are you going? The guys will come back at any moment." Blake asked me as he came behind me. His warmth was calling me to him, but I shook my head.

I closed my eyes and with my powers, I search where the guys were. My eyes flew open as I visioned them in the woods. Why they were there? I opened the door.

"We are going to them."

"Ok." He only said, and he followed me outside the building and into the woods.

"You know" he started, and I turned to him.

"From the first time I saw you at school, I think I liked you since then. You had these green eyes that reminded me of the woods and nature. Something draws me to you, and it still does."

"I- I- You-" I staggered, but he cut me with a smile.

"Don't worry. We are going to find a solution to all this, I will be by your side."

I was so stunned by what he had said. Something like happiness danced inside my belly and I smile. I was so happy.

I tip the toy to Blake and kissed him on his cheek. He blushed.