Chapter 19

Monica

"Noah, open the fucking door." I banked at his door. It's the following morning and the guys are preparing us breakfast. I knocked again. "If you don't open the door, I'm going to break it down." Silence followed and a growl from frustration escaped me.

"Just leave him for a few minutes alone." Luke passed beside me, and I placed my head on the cool surface of the door. When his gone off my site, I took a step back, gathered my power on my foot, and kicked the door. It busted open and I found a half-naked Noah with a t-shirt in his hand.

He staggered back with wide eyes, and I trailed my eyes through his gorgeous body. His body is not as muscular as the guy's body but it's perfect. His brown hair is wet from the bath he took after we came from our morning run. Drops fell to his chest, and I trailed a specific one as it fell between his chest, and belly and finally stopped at the waistband of his black boxers. I blushed and brought my eyes back to his face as Adam's apple swallowed slowly. I took some steps forward. "Monica, couldn't you wait? I was dressing. Go to the kitchen and I will come in a few."

"Noah cut the bullshit. You are avoiding me and don't say that am wrong because I'm fucking right."

"Am not avoiding you." He said and pulled his shirt over his head. I growled and moved in front of him. His eyes widened and he took some steps backward until the back of his calves found his bed. He fell back and I climbed on top of him. I know that my face is at the same time red from embarrassment and annoyance from yesterday. I settled my legs beside his thighs and cupped his face. "M-Monica..." He moved slightly and I felt a pressure underneath me.

"Noah, I'm sorry about yesterday. I lost control and I'm so fucking sorry that you saw me like that. That's why I don't take you on any missions. Do you think all the times am not here I have a business?" I waited for his answer, but he only stared into my eyes.

"I don't come early because I'm not myself. Can you stand me like that? Can you stand the fear I bring inside you? It's fucking scary." Tears gathered in my eyes, and he brought his arms around me and tugged me to his body.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't do anything and Monica it's not you that am afraid of. It's the whole situation that am afraid." I buried my face in his chest and signed.

"Noah, it's not your fault. You are powerful but you are afraid to use your abilities. I promise you that this week I will train you." I sit up and kissed his cheek. He smiled. I stood and he followed. I headed to the open door. "We will wait for you for breakfast. And sorry about the door." I smiled and he chuckled. "No worries." He said and I walked to the kitchen. All eyes turned to me, and I took my seat at the table. A minute later, Noah walked and sat next to Parker.

"So, all good?" Logan asked us. I nodded as Noah did the same. "Finally." Hunter rolled his eyes. Some of his hair fell from his ponytail and hid his grey-green eyes. Fucker. Why is he so hot in the morning? "Relax, captain." Ian teased and Blake laughed.

"I told you that I don't want fights on my team and she-" he pointed to me "- broke the rule yesterday. Since you came, problems are showing even from the fucking doors."

I glared at him. "You know even though you are hot as hell you are a bastard you know?" I asked and arched a brow at him. His eyes glowed bright yellow and his chest vibrated from a growl. "You can't fucking see that am trying to get rid of the bad ones? You say that you care about the rules, but these rules are bullshit. All we see is fake." I spoke loud and clear. A hand interrupted me on my shoulder. I turned to Tristan. "What?"