Chapter 32

Hunter

"Can someone tell me about banshees?" Mr. Orion, the teacher asked. I raised my hand and my eyes cast slowly to the right as another hand was raised. The teacher's eyes wandered between us, but he said the other kid. "Yes, Monica?" I let my hand fall and turned my full attention to her.

"A banshee is a female spirit in Irish folklore who heralds the death of a family member, usually by shrieking."

"Thank you, Mrs. Piland. Has anyone seen a banshee before?" Mr. Orion asked. "We have one just here," Nathaniel called from the backseat. His minions laughed.

"Shut up, Nathaniel," I told him without looking back. "Please everyone keep your-" The bell rang and covered his voice. Students started to stand. I got my stuff and went outside the class without stopping. I sensed her before she called me. "Hunter, wait a freaking moment!" She rushed to my side with her bag in her hands.

"Can't you just wait for me? We are in the same team and it's like am a stranger."

"That's what I want to achieve." Well, am only trying to keep a distance from her because the tension between us is too intoxicating. She frowned. "You are a meanie."

I smirked but it fell when I saw Nathaniel to the wall ahead of us. "Don't stop," I told her but kept her face blank. He smiled. "Well, well, when did you start to walk side by side?" We passed him but what he said after made me too come to a stop.

"Has our cold prince taken a like to this chick?" I clenched my hands and turned to him. Before he could open his eyes, I pinned him to the wall by his neck. He thrashed but I tightened my grip. "Just shut the fuck up, Nath and it's not your fucking business with who I talk or fucking. And if you lay a hand to my teammates, I'm going to rip your dick." He slowly nodded and I released him.

I turned and started to walk again with Monica following me in silence. I don't want her around me. She made all the guys on the team fall in love with her, but I won't. She made them weak and eventually, they will lose their cool. "Hunter-"

"Don't," I warned her.

"Don't you dare to say 'Don't' to me? Calm the fuck down." She said a little too louder. A few students who were passing casted glances at us. "I'm the" My phone rang and I pulled it out. Mom's face was on display. I answered it. "Hey, mom."

"Hey, sweetie. Am I interrupting something?" I cast a glance at Monica. She eyed me confused. "No, we just finished class and I'm heading to our dorm."

"Oh. Is everything okay there? You haven't called and I was worried." I ran my hand to my face. "I'm sorry. Just busy. So, how are things?"

"Your dad said to call you because Tiffany called and told him that she wanted to meet you." My hands clenched again. "Mom, we have talked about it."

"Honey, I know but your dad-"

"Are you talking with Hunter?" A very familiar voice said from the other line. "Hey, darling. Yes, Hunter's on the phone. He called me to see how we are doing." Mom answered.