Chapter 39

This chapter contains blood scenes!

Monica

My eyes snapped open and I groaned as the light from the window fell to my weak eyes. My head throbbed and as I got up my body screamed in unknown pain. I left a whimper and closed my eyes for a minute. I didn't feel good. Something was going wrong. Despite the terrible pain, I got up with difficulty and changed clothes, wearing jeans and a top. Before I left the room I looked at my face in the mirror. I was like shit.

My eyes were puffy and red from crying and my skin was a bit pale. Anyway, I walked out of my room and went into the kitchen. Only Hunter and Micah were there, sipping their coffee. "Good morning, Monica," Micah said with a smile.

"Morning." My voice sounded a bit husky, and I cleared it. I lifted my hand to open the fridge and my hand felt a tone. I winced and then I covered it with a cough before the guys notice it. To my surprise they had. "You don't look good, sunshine. Are you okay?" Hunter eyed me with a blank face. No feelings. I took an apple from the fridge and closed it. "Just a bit sore from yesterday," I said dismissively.

"Are you sure?" Luke spoke as he walked inside. He stopped in front of me and to my surprise, kissed my forehead. I blushed immediately and he chuckled. "Guys I'm fine. Really."

"Okay," Micah answered but didn't look convicted. I took a bite from my apple and swallowed. Yum. I went to take another bite, but my mouth froze mid-air. A presence was coming here and not a favorite one. Micah who was talking stopped abruptly and his eyes darkened. A second later, a guy appeared in front of us.

Hunter let a growl while Luke looked amused and angry at the same time. Micah only glared. "What are you doing here?"

Jackson laughed. "Nice to see you too, brother." His face turned serious when he turned to me. "The council wants to see you. Now." Footsteps and voices sounded from the other rooms and the next thing I knew the rest of the guys, please note half naked, burst inside with their teeth bared at Jackson. "The fuck are you doing here, bastard?"

"Who let him in?"

"Not this asshole again."

"Micah, kick this bastard out." I left the unfinished apple on the table and went beside Jackson."Monica," Ethan warned.

"Wow. A world was spread that you were alive and at first, I didn't believe it. Now it's confirmed." Jackson said with disdain in his voice.

"Monica you are not going anywhere with him or the council," Logan said. He was in his boxers and my eyes fell to his abs. "She won't come with you," Tristan growled and scales appeared on his skin.

"Yes, she will."

"You are just a brat." My head throbbed more and anger rose in me. I took another step at Jackson. "Monica-" Noah started but I gave them my cold stare.

"Listen here-" Tristan glared at me, but I left my coldness and anger to spread in the air.