Chapter 25

Noah

"Why should we wake so early?" I asked Blake as he put a black t-shirt over his head. He laughed.

"Because ..." he trailed and I cocked my head to the side. "I don't know. Logan didn't say something yesterday."

Yeah, it's the following morning. Yesterday, I couldn't sleep at all owing to the memories Monica brought me. It was so painful watching her crying about her past. Although, she told the guys most of what had happened she didn't include some things.

But I won't say anything to the guys because someday she will tell them. The bad thing is that they will learn it from someone else. I wish Ethan would be here. He was like a second brother.

"Let's go before Hunter scold us," I said and walked out of the room with Blake in my trail. We took our bags with a change of clothes and water and headed out into the woods as Hunter informed us.

I take a peek at Blake's face as he walked beside me. The last two days, he wasn't himself. After he learned about what his brother had done behind his back, he stopped talking about it.

"How are you?"

He turned his head to me and raised his eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

I signed. "I mean, have you talked with your brother about what happened?" He pinched his brows together and I waited for his answer.

"I'm still angry for what he did but I will get over it."

"How about Monica? She didn't do anything bad." I stated. His face softened and I relaxed. He's not angry with her.

"I know that I shouldn't have acted like that to her but I was so angry and I took it all to her." He ran his hand through his brown hair. "I know she didn't fake how she acted the time when she was with me. I have to apologize to her."

I smiled. He looked at me with a questionable look. "Why are you smiling like a kid who got his teddy bear?"

"You like her."

His mouth dropped open and he shook his head while his cheeks became red.

"No n-no no. I-"

"Blake I'm your friend and I know well how you feel about her."

He closed his mouth and stared ahead as we passed the trees. "Yeah, I like her. Do you?"

"Yes. But I don't know if she feels the same. She hangs out a lot with guys she knows and acts the same way with them so I don't understand the difference."

He patted my shoulder. "I know man. I can feel you." I shoved him with a laugh and he staggered while laughing.

"Yo! Move your feet!" Tristan shouted ahead of us.

We emerged from the trees to a large clearing. The guys were at the end of the clearing with their bags in their hands. Our legs moved faster and we finally stopped in front of them. All the guys wore T-shirts and comfortable pants for practice.

Leaning on a tree, Micah bite a big red apple while his eyes were fixed on me. Juices trailed down to his chin and he wiped them with the back of his hand. To tell you the truth, I don't know if I like this guy or not but compared to Jackson, Micah wins.

My eyes searched for Monica and she appeared from Logan's back. She wore black pants and a pink sports bra while her hair was in a ponytail.

"Alright. Now that we are all here let's start." Hunter announced.