Chapter 24

Monica

I took my sit on the cozy couch and brought my knees to my chest as the guys took their seats. Parker and Luke took either side of me and the other guys sat on the other one. Logan came with a tray of steam mugs of hot chocolate and placed them on the table.

Some of the guys took one and Luke handed me one too as I murmured thanks to him. Silence fell into the large room and anxiety swirled in my belly.

"So, what the heck are you?" Hunter busted out.

"Hunter!" Logan glared at him, and Hunter rolled his eyes. "If she trusts us then she can say anything." Logan opened his mouth to argue but I calmly said, "Okay." They all turned to me, and I lowered my gaze to the chocolate in my hands.

"My parents were the protectors of all the planets. My mother was a kind and loving person, with healing powers. However, my dad was killing the bad ones and wasn't afraid to draw blood. They fall in love, and they had Liam, my older brother. Then Killian, me, and Austin. We are different from each other, but we were always together." I paused as a smile spread to my face.

"At the age of two, when I was still in my baby cradle, I killed an assassin who had come to kill me. You see, I was born to have powers from my dad and mother so I would be a powerful creature in the future. My father was in the same council as you saw today but back then it was much better." I grimace from the dark faces of the men from the council but I continued.

"My parents had best friends and guess what?" I gestured to Logan, Tristan, and Noah. "Their kids already knew my older brothers so when I came, I became a leech to them. I hadn't friends because we were leaving in nature outside, inside a forest. Eventually, our parents started to teach us how to fight."

"Along with us, they were two other boys." My eyes turned to Micah, and he smiled softly. "Caiden, the leader of the council you saw today, and Micah's and Jackson's dad was a friend of my father's."

"Wait. This man was friends with your dad? He is a bastard." Ian interrupted.

"Yeah, back then he was...still arrogant and abusive but after we lost my mother he changed to another level." A dark shadow passed his eyes, but he shook it out.

"Anyway, Micah and Jackson used to come often to practice or play together. Micah was a shy boy, but Jackson was annoying and a bully. He still is." I laughed bitterly.

"Did your mother learned you to sing?" Blake asked me. I shook my head.

"No. I learned by myself to sing and dance. When we were at kindergarten, kids would play and leave me outside so I would go to a corner and sing a song from my head or dance so I could let myself loose. It was so amazing to have your family, to laugh, go on holidays, play together." I smiled as a memory flashed to me of when we used to see kids' movies in the living room while eating popcorn.

But as it came, it vanished, and I found myself with a small smile. "What happened?" Hunter whispered.

"Some days before my birthday, my brothers and the guys had gone to my grandma's house to help her with some chores she had. My parents and I were in the living room when I went up to my room to play." A shaky breath left my body, and an arm came to my shoulder. Parker shifted closer and I realized that I had started to tremble.

"It had been only half an hour when I heard a loud crash and voices from downstairs." I paused and blinked as tears started to gather.

"Monica" Tristan started to say but I raised my hand to stop him. "P-please. I just need a minute." I took a small breath and hugged myself tighter.

"I dropped my dolls to the floor, and I shouted my mother's name. When she didn't answer, I opened the door and started to walk to the corridor while exclaiming my dad's and mom's names. I took the chairs down as the place got colder and darker. The moment my eyes turned to the blood and the broken vases on the floor, I knew something had happened. I ran to the kitchen and I-"