Chapter 16

Tristan

"Run!" Millie, my little sister, shouted as I charged her and my little brother, Colin, with my dragon form. I flew through trees and my wings flutter up and down as a tree left on the ground create a mini typhoon. My dark crimson scales glowed from the small rays of the sun.

"COLIN, RUN!" Mollie shouted to Colin. He forced his legs to move faster and I sped. I released a loud growl and they squeaked in surprise. As I moved closer to them, Mollie stopped and turned. She waved her hands while Colin shouted to her to keep running.

"STOP! YOU WON!"

I dropped with a loud thud and shifted back to my human form. Mollie turned around before she saw me naked and Colin opened his backpack and pulled out some clothes. He came towards me and handed me them and went next to Mollie. I quickly changed and headed to where Mollie and Colin stood. "I told you; I will always win when we play chase," I said to them and ruffled each of their hair. Mollie giggled and Colin groaned in annoyance.

"We were going to win. You just cheated. That's all." Colin said as he fixed his blond hair. He was a lot shorter than me and his green-grey eyes followed our path to our home. "Yeah, yeah. I saw it." I said and Mollie giggled. She was the same as Colin, except her blond hair was curled and her eyes were dark green.

"I saved your butt back there. If I hadn't stopped Tristan, he would have probably burned you alive." I nodded and turned around.

"Hop on." She locked her small arms around my neck and legs to my waist and I stood. We continued our walk back home when we caught some glimpses from the trees. We passed the lake in front of our backyard and I examined it. It was a big white house with a lot of windows and we had created a small park for Mollie outside. I placed her down and we took the small stairs and opened the kitchen door. Immediately, the smell of my mom's cooking came to me. I sniffed. Chicken. Mom was not inside and we steered to the living room. I plopped myself to one of the big couches and opened the TV. I took my phone out and saw no messages.

"Will Monica come to stay?" Mollie asked me and I lifted my head. Her eyes were pleading and I groaned in frustration. My sister always liked Monica from the first time she saw her, including my brother. I knew that Monica had gone to fight. But I couldn't stop her, nor the guys. She had always been like this. After Ethan died, more and more, she stopped telling us about the attack and she didn't take us with her. I know she wanted to protect us especially Noah because he's younger but she can't do it anymore. We can protect ourselves. We had been trained to be her guardians and warriors. We know how to kill someone. These past few days, I had been training with Dad and I had gone with him to some meetings. It wasn't anything special but okay.

I remember when we were kids and we had formed a small band and played music. I was playing the guitar, Monica the drums and Ethan was singing. Noah and Logan were recording everything from the moment we started to the moment we finished. It was so much fun. I wished Ethan was here. We were buddies and I admired him as my big brother. All was amazing. Then he died. My blood ran cold from the memory. It was an advantage that my siblings weren't born yet. It was like yesterday.

I remember my tattoos flaring and screaming in agony. Then Monica's grandma said that something bad had happened. When we got to the house it was too late. There wasn't a house. The second floor had almost collapsed and the house had burned. The forest was the same. Tress burned; the grass had disappeared. It was like it had never been there in the first place. As we were walking, we could see dead animals and different things from the house, scattered around. But the most horrifying thing, it was next to a tree. Ethan was there. His clothes had been burned; scratches were covering his body along with his face and his eyes were staring somewhere. His dead eyes. Then it was a blur. I remember shouting and crying along with Noah, Logan, and Monica's brothers. As for Monica, she was unconscious next to Ethan.