⋆⋅ midnight visitor ⋅⋆

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

The lights inside the house were already turned off, everyone went to bed as soon as they finished getting ready to sleep. Vi had trouble sleeping and it was already 11:30 into the night, almost midnight.

She was busying herself with crocheting a top. It was a skill she fought hard to learn over the course of making their lates album, it was the new thing she did in between free times during their trainings and it kept her busy, just like now that she was trying to make herself tired so she could fall asleep.

The lamp on her bedside table was illuminating her room in a yellowish light that was a comfort to her. She was listening to Taylor Swift's All too well singing silently and elegantly to it when her headphones was suddenly snatched from her ear, stopping the music.

A smile appeared on her face when she saw Jake standing behind her, holding up her headphones and smiling ear to ear. "I see you cannot sleep too." He greets, caging her in his arms as he rested his hand on the arm of her vanity chair where she was doing her little project.

She laid her head on his arm, the sudden touch making his stomach explode in romantic fireworks. They looked at each other through the mirror, smiling. These kind moments that they shared always gives him the tingles in his body, bringing pink blushes to his cheeks.

"Let me guess..." She started, turning up her head to get a good look at him. He looked down at her at the exact same moment, their foreheads brushing against each others. Their breaths hitched at the closeness making her unable to continue what she was about to say for a few minutes.

There's that feeling again, his heart beating twice as fast as it normally did. Then, right then and there when he thought she was not okay with this, she smiled up at him and let out a laugh, a full belly laugh. "Ramen?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

He chuckled, nodding his head in the process. Then she stood up from under him, disappointment rising in him from the sudden loss of contact of her, so he followed her, standing very close to her on their way to the kitchen, not wanting to lose their contact that made his body warm.

"Let me watch you this time." Vi said, touching his arm sending another wave of electricity through his body. She took a seat in one of the islands' stool, resting her arms on top. Jake disappeared into the pantry and came back with two packs of carbonara fire ramen. "Your favorite right?" He asked confidently, shaking it as he stalked back into the kitchen, she gave him a nod.

She watched every move that he made making their midnight ramen, not taking her eye off of him for even a single second. She realized she never paid that much attention to him just now. Her heart skipped a beat when their eyes caught each other. Because she was thinking and observing him from the moment they set foot in the kitchen; it was hard to look away now.

"You are definitely checking me out now." He smirks, looking at her his eyebrows raised. And, Oh God, that signature smirk. "Maybe." She shrugged, looking any other way as he felt her cheeks grow hot.

Surely everyone knows these two are attractive as hell and they both know that too but this tingling, blood rushing, electricity flooding, feeling they get whenever they have these moments together might not be just because they both found each other attractive. It may be even more.

He put the same amount on two bowls and when he was done, he leaned against the island, staring at her intently that made her breath hitch for the third time tonight. That smirk - smile again! She was going crazy.

Jake let out a low chuckle and turned his back on her when he went to the refrigerator to get two bottles of cultured milk. He took a seat on a stool beside her and for a moment they were both silent savoring the tristful moment happening between them right now.

No words could ever explain how fast Jakes heart was beating as he sat so close to her, their arms touching each others. Having her near him has always made his stomach explode with fireworks and butterflies flapping their wings as fast as his heart beat, it's a feeling he is still unfamiliar with but as self conscious as he was, even the slightest eye contact makes him think he officially has a crush on her and not in a jokish way.

"Vi"

"Jake"

They turned to each other at the same time, their knees touching sending a shock wave through his veins. She giggled, making him smile too. "You go first." She added, leaning her head on her shoulder. "Ladies first Violette." He did the same thing.

She was silent for quite some time making him wonder if she had anything to say at all but then she shook her head and laughed, a full on belly laugh, making him confused this time. "You're cooking is only good when it's just ramen." She continued laughing.

"Okayyyy, that's kind of offensive but I'll take it." He says, putting his hand over his heart, emphasizing the word offensive even more.

They ate their food and as they did so, they shared stories from their childhood that brought them even more closer. Vi laughed so hard when Jake told her that he once tripped hard on his skateboard, to which he said : "aren't you supposed to comfort me?"

They sat there for who knows how long and went down memory lane, getting to know each other better. Another comfortable silence filled the air between them after laughing so hard at some embarrassing things they did as kids when they heard footsteps coming down from upstairs. They watched as Jungwons figure appeared, illuminated by the kitchen light, his eyes squinted at the sudden burst of light. "Why are you up wonie?" Vi asked full of worry, opening her arm, urging him to come to them. "I got hungry, noona." He replied, his voice hoarse from the lack of water.

"Take a seat, I'll get you water." Jake said, getting his and Vi's plate at the same time so he could wash it after giving him the liquid. "What do you want to eat?" Vi asked, fixing his hair with her hands. "Just something small." He replied, rubbing his eyes. Vi immediately got up and went into the pantry and got two Snickers bar. She went back and found Jungwon laying his head down on the table, worried that he might not get enough rest for tomorrow, she told him to take the bars and a glass of water to his and Sunoos room to which he obeyed right away.

When he disappeared upstairs, Jake was done doing the dishes and had the area clean. "Can you come here before we go to bed?" He asked nicely, turned the lights off and opened the refrigerator. Although she was confused, she walked over to him, the refrigerator light making them able to see their surroundings.

"You know..." His voice was low as he slipped an arm around her waist, pulling her closer and the sudden contact and force made her breath hitch. They stared into each others eyes, their faces inches away from each other, "What are you doing?" She asked yet she did not move.

"The fans always say the two of us are 'Taylor Swift Coded' I want to believe that. So will you dance in the refrigerator light with me?"

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

WILL YOU??????

WILL YOU??????