❀2❀

"No way she made you a scout." Rowen scoffs and looks at you.

"She did!" you say.

"She did not." He says.

"You're way too weak to do that c'mon now." Rowan teases.

"You're just jealous." you roll your eyes.

"I mean a scout would certainly be better than gathering materials." Rowan rolls his eyes back.

Rowan is Vineys older brother, he's a year old than you and her. You've known each other since the first time you went to Vineys house when you were 12. He does nothing but make fun of you both, he's kind of funny though so you don't mind the teasing.

"What is she even setting you off to do?" He asks.

"She wants me to look for any potion artifacts at this abandoned brewery." You say.

"You see, that's actually cool because it's abandoned." Rowan says.

"Abandoned things are cool, gee you must be really missing out." You smirk.

"I am." He shakes his head.'

You look at the time and your head perks up. You should probably go on your mission speak of the devil. You glance over at Rowan and smile awkwardly.

"I need to go." You say.

"Okay, be safe." He says.

"I will thanks." I nod and smile.

Eda said she wanted you to pick up some potions to use as a precaution as you're out so you head to the main area of the underground guild. Just walking around preparing to go on your first mission is so nerve wracking but exciting at the same time.

Eventually you arrive and pick up the potions you need and head to the exit, you use the invisibility glyph to sneak in the crowd on the surface unnoticed.

It seems to work fine, when your ready you let go of your held in breath and merge with the crowd. It doesn't look like anyone noticed. Luz is smart for making such a useful glyph like this.

You smile as you walk and lift your hood over your head and pull out your palisman.

Boo your bear palisman crawls out and smiles brightly at you.

When you get to a secluded area where you can take lift off you do. Boo transforms into a staff and you hop over and begin flying off just like that.

??? POV:

"Are you coming? Our shift is pretty much done here." A scout says.

I perk my head up and turn around.

"Go without me, I actually wanted to stay here for a bit." I say.

"What why?" A scout says.

"Just for some research, there's some things i'm curious about here." I nod.

"You know you're not supposed to leave us without a leader right? It's misconduct. If the emperors finds out a group of scouts are wandering without a commander then..."

"I'll put you in charge for now Steve, you've always been my favorite." I smirk a little

Steve stutters about to say something and then goes quiet

"Just go on, I'll catch up, I need to check something,  I won't be long." I say.

"Okay, see you soon then?" The scout asks.

"Yes, I'll see you in a bit." I respond

The scouts walk away while I wander for a bit. There's some things I wanted to look at privately for my own knowledge. Most potion work usually create small things such as little explosions or can start fires and create ice and stuff.