❀50❀

Hunter POV:

When we got to Steve's house we set some of the things down near what was going to be my new room.

The shape of the apartment was pretty similar to
Y/ns. It just had an extra built in room, which was going to be my room.

Y/n got another phone call from Viney and she went outside to take it. I started getting nervous as she was calling her, she didn't come back inside for a while.

I was setting up my room and Steve was helping me. He was helping work on the desk we got while I was working on the bookshelf. I already hanged and sorted my clothes.

After a bit I already finished the bookshelf so I was helping Steve finish up the desk.

"Is everything good with her?" Steve asks.

"That guy she used to be with. I saw him, so she's calling Viney to ask if he's still contained or not." I shrug.

"...she's been out there for a bit." Steve says.

"...I swear to Titan if he's escaped." I mumble.

"I'm just as concerned as you are, she told me what happened with that guy. It really pissed me off how he was talking to her about having a kid just like that while he was giving her that damn sigil. Dudes gotta know his boundaries." Steve shakes his head.

"Disgusting." I mumble.

"I'm surprised Viney turned out to be so good while being raised with that dude considering their siblings and all." Steve chuckles.

"He's older than her right?" I tilt my head.

"Older brother, yeah." Steve says.

"...Parents must have favored the younger child I guess." I smile.

"Hahah, true." Steve smiles.

"Can you grab that piece? I think this should finish this part of the desk." Steve says.

I nod and hand him the piece he needs when I hear Y/n open the door to the apartment and come back in.

I stand up and I walk over to her.

"Well? Is he still there?" I ask.

She has a big smile on her face and she's holding her scroll tightly. I look at her confused.

"Viney checked and he is still there." She nods.

"So it was just a misconception!" She says.

I furrow my eyebrows and I glance at Steve who's peering his head through the other room. How in the world is that possible?

...I know I saw him.

"Then why were you out there on your scroll for so long?" I ask.

"Because! Viney was telling me about her date! They held hands! And they hugged!" She grins excitedly.

"Oh! Uh.. good for her..! You were really making ne worry." I nod and smile.

My mind is still fixated on how the hell I saw him then. I saw him as clear as day, he smirked and scoffed at me.

"Sorry I should have told you right away before me and Viney continued talking." She smiles.

"I'm... so confused how I saw him... I swear I saw him." I say gently.

"You're probably just paranoid. Viney said he was still there." She shrugs.

"Did she say anything else? Like what he was doing or anything?" I ask.