❀23❀

You get home later that day and told Viney about what happened with the plant glyph when you were with Hunter.

She could not stop laughing and you kept getting angry at her.

"Are you sure he doesn't like you??? I mean if it was roses Y/n come on... flowers have meaning... you know that as a plant specialist don't you?" Viney winks.

"Yes I know! I know! That's why I'm freaking out because what if he does?" You blush.

"Girl it's not even an if at this point if there were straight up roses! Ooohhh forbidden love~" Viney giggles.

You grab a pillow and throw it in her face.

"Shut up!" You say embarrassed.

She doesn't say anything just continues laughing.

"He knew Steve apparently too! I wanna ask Steve about him. He said Steve was his best friend." You say.

"NO WAY!" Viney exclaims.

"Maybe you should ask Steve about him if they were really friends." Viney says.

"I kind wanted to, I was planning on it." You say.

Viney grins.

Later that night you ended up seeing Steve like you promised. Eda has already set up his own little place to stay, and it's not far from your home in the guild which is convenient.

Viney was home with you as well as Rowan so he could meet your older brother.

"So how long has this facility been up for?" Steve asks.

"About 5 years now, back when I was 16." Viney says.

"Viney introduced me to this place a few months ago." You say.

"I've been here a year, my brother too ." Viney nods.

Rowan nods as well.

"So you and Y/n are room mates? Damn! I haven't seen you Viney since you were 15! Y/n used to bring you over to the house a lot." Steve grins.

"Yep! It's so fun living together!" Viney grins.

"And you're close with Y/n as well?" Steve asks, smiling a little at Rowan.

"Yes, I'm her boyfriend." Rowan nods.

You look over at Rowan with furrowed eyebrows. Rowan looks back at you confused.

"Woah, you guys made it official now?" Viney asks.

"Uh... well.." You begin talking

"Well... I kissed her, so that pretty much sums it up right? Heh." Rowan smiles, and slides his hand into mine.

I reluctantly take it and nod. It's not like I really can't rebuttal anything right now. Maybe I'll tell Steve about this whole Rowan thing when it's just the two of us.

"Eda said she's gonna make me a guid scout like you Y/n." Steve says.

"Really??" You grin.

"Yeah! I mean it makes sense since I have the experience from the emperors coven." He says.

"I didn't even know that was your position in the guild until Eda told me. That's amazing, you just be a hard worker." Steve smiles.

"I am, thanks to someone who finally notices." You say eyeing Rowan.

Rowan glances at you and looks away.

The doorbell rings.

"Pizzas here." Viney says and stands up to get it.