❀6❀

As he walked off you decided it would be best just to head home for the night. Viney insisted on staying to gather a few more things.

Once you get to your doorstep in the guild Rowan let's out a subtle smile. You have a hard time telling if this is genuine or not.

"Do you need anything, do you want me to keep you company?" He asks.

No.

"No, I'm good." You say.

"Viney should be back in an hour I'd assume." He says.

You nod and smile.

He smiles back as well, it's subtle. This again, gives you a hard time knowing if he is genuine or being sarcastic with this smile.

"Shall I come in?" He asks.

"No I'm good, I'm sure you're busy." You immediately decline.

"Oh okay, see you." He nods.

You nod as well and shut the door. Once you do that you make your way to your room and lay down on your bed. You almost got caught again today.

You're gonna take a nap. Viney will wake you up later when she makes dinner tonight. It's her night tonight anyway.

You sigh and get comfy in bed and decide to drift off.

"When we get older we should join the emperors coven together."  Boscha says.

"Yeah! We can be partners!"  You say.

...

Steve opens the door to the house, it's just you home, moms at work.

Excitedly you run up to Steve and smile.

Steve takes his mask off and placed it on the counter. He lets out a heavy breath, and wobbles to the couch to sit down.

He joined the emperors coven 3 weeks ago, it's been hard to get any info from him because he's been absent so much.

"Steve!! How is it? I missed you!" You grin excitedly and hug him

Steve sounds shaky and tired but he gently hugs your back.

You don't know why but you hear a sob come out of him.

"Steve?" You ask.

"It's all so exhausting." He says.

...

"And it's... unbearable." He whispers.

You listen.

"There's things I wish... I've never done... ever since I've started. And it's only been 3 weeks." He says shakily.

"What like what?"

"There's... so much... violence... and... sadness.. in this coven." He says shakily.

"What..?"

"It's not what everyone says it is." Steve chokes up.

You wake up in cold sweat and frantically move around, and sit up in your bed. Titan what time is it?

You pick up your scroll and it reads 11 pm. You've been asleep for hours?!

"Viney?!" You exclaim and stand up and go to her bed.

You pull the blankets off her bed but she's not there. Frantically you run into the kitchen and front room.