❀49❀

It's the next morning.

You woke up before Hunter of course, who was still asleep on the couch. Hopefully being with him last night meant he could sleep a little sounder.

When you looked down at his stomach you noticed his arms were wrapped around your stomach and waist. That would explain all the sudden movements while you were trying to sleep.

Still, it makes you smile.

You gently lift his arms up off of you and get off of him. He sighs a little in his sleep and instead of hugging you he grabs the extra pillow and holds onto it as a placeholder.

Once you stand up you stretch you arms and legs and then bend down and you gently kiss the top of his head, his face softens slightly, then you look towards the kitchen and notice Viney.

"Finally." Viney says.

Your eyes widen and she smirks at you. She's sitting on the kitchen table and she's staring right at you.

"What time is it?" You say softly trying not to wake Hunter.

"It's about 9 pm right now." Viney shrugs.

"Should we test out the Titan blood later today?" You ask, getting off the couch and sitting at the table with her.

"Not yet, me and Steve actually wanted to do some last minute touch ups today, make sure it's all set and stuff. It's pretty close though. I think if we mix the Titan blood with the healing flower, we could maybe get that sigil clean off." Viney grins.

"Mix them? Won't just the Titan blood be enough?" You ask.

"I mean we could try just the Titan blood itself first." Viney says.

"Yeah, I wanna see if we could keep that flower in handy in case anything happens, it's a valuable item." You say.

"Got it boss, so then what are you and him gonna do today?" Viney asks.

"I'm probably gonna call Steve later and we can set him up at his place, I'll tell Eda and she can give him his starting balance now that he'll be a guild member." You nod.

"We can get his necessities with all that, like clothes and other things for his room and stuff." You say.

"That sounds like a plan." Viney smiles.

"We'll get started when he's awake." You say.

"Was.... Everything okay?" Viney whispers.

You frown and glance over at Hunter who's still asleep on the couch. You look back over at Viney.

"...I don't think he likes being alone right now, not at a time like this, I think his emotions get the best of him when he's isolated." You whisper and rub your arm.

You hear shuffling noises where Hunter is lying on the couch and you turn your head to go and look over. He's just changed his sleeping position, he's laying on his side now, still sound asleep. You smile a little and then look back at Viney.

"He's a heavy sleeper." Viney says.

"He needs it, honestly, hopefully his eyebags will go away the more time he spends here." You say.

Viney grins and then grabs her things and bag and heads to the door.

"Where are you off to?" You ask.

"Oh!! I was gonna tell you! Me and Skara are going to get breakfast together." Viney grins.

"Like a date?" You nudge her.

"I think so... hehe." Viney grins.

"You gotta tell me how it goes." You smirk.

"I think she likes me, like... I mean she called me beautiful.. so.." Viney blushes and shrugs.