❀26❀

Hunter takes us to another side of the forest. You stay silent the entire palisman ride. You wiped your tears and eventually finally stopped crying. You didn't dare look at your wrist, you don't want to be reminded of what happened or you might start crying again.

You feel Hunter begin landing on the ground and you wipe your tears once more.

He gets off and you get off as well. You look down and away from him. You sit down and lean your back against a near tree.

"Why did you show up? How did you even know I was there?" You ask him softly.

"I was at the library getting books and I saw you and him fighting, before he dragged you into that shed. It's only natural I wanted to check if you were okay." Hunter says.

"Y-you shouldn't have- I could have done it myself instead of putting you through all that trouble." You say.

"You probably could have... maybe if... I never interfered that.. wouldn't have happened... maybe you could have handled it... I don't know why I..." Hunter shakes his head and stops talking.

You look up at him sadly. Hunter glances at you and looks away.

"M-maybe I... could have been faster." He says hoarsely.

"It's fine." You say and walk closer to him.

"No it's not, you think this is fine? Titan Y/n, look at your wrist." He says.

"I know! Don't remind me!" You exclaim.

"Sorry." He says softly.

"I'm... just gonna pretend it's not there. It'll be fine. I'll... I'll be fine." You say softly.

"...I'm sorry." He replies again.

You look up at him and then you suddenly look confused. His eyebrows furrow at the weird look you give him.

"Why did you try and help me anyway? Aren't you the golden guard?" You ask and stand up.

"What do you mean?" Hunter asks.

"You're the golden guard, don't you want people to have sigils for the day of unity?" You ask.

"I- well... uhm..." He says caught off guard.

"So why aren't you happy? Why aren't you telling me it's not a big deal? Why did you attempt to save me from something you would want?" You ask.

Hunter goes silent and opens his mouth to speak but then keeps closing it. He wants to say something but he can't.

You walk closer to him, and he meets eye contact with you.

"It's one of your jobs to help sort people into covens, especially wild witches. Wouldn't you have wanted this in the end anyway?" You ask and point at your sigil.

"No! I never wanted this to happen to you." He says suddenly.

"...but why?" You ask.

Hunters face gets red from embarrassment and he keeps looking away and opening his mouth to speak and reclosing it over and over again. He seems to be struggling to say something.

"Hunter?" You ask.

"S-shut up!" He exclaims.

You look at him concerned. What's going through his mind right now?

"Y-you're just different okay?! You make me.. feel these things that I hate!" He exclaims.

"What?" You ask.

Hunter glances at you and now he feels completely vulnerable. He shouldn't have said that, he knows where this is gonna lead. His heart starts racing and his eyes dart to the ground.