❀12❀

"That's a fire dragon, it's native in these parts of the isles." Hunter says hurriedly, as you rush out of the cave.

"Shit, we're not gonna die are we?" You say nervously.

You're too nervous you can't even tell your grip on his hand tightens, you're actually nervous.

"Just stay close to me and you'll be fine. It should go back in it's cave, if we're lucky." Hunter says, also tightening his grip on yours.

The dragon peers it's head through the exit of the cave you both ran out of. It growls as you and Hunter both run off, slowly walking it's way towards you both.

The exit to the cave led to a little desert oasis, you both run towards over there. Hunter pulls you over to the little oasis part and he starts wading in the water.

"Get in the water, we need to blend in." He says.

"What? But my things!" You say.

"Who cares?! It's following us! We need to hide!" He says yanking you in the water with him.

"Stop! I have a better idea!" You say, yanking him out of the water.

"Y/N." He says through grit teeth.

"Just trust me." You say going through your bag and pulling out some glyph paper and a pen.

He flinched when you let go of his hand for a moment.

He watches as you draw some sort of symbol on the paper. He grows confused and starts wondering what the hell you're doing.

"These are invisibility glyphs." You say and give him one.

"O-okay? Then what do I do with it?" He stutters.

"Slap it on your chest and hold your breath." You say.

"What the hell?" He says.

"Once it approaches, and you see it. Just do it, and then we sneak out of here." You say.

"Oh for Titans sake." He says.

"Take my hand so we don't lose track." You say extending your hand out.

He hesitantly reaches out his and interlocks it with yours. Your stomach feels funny.

"Okay... 3... 2...1... now!" You say and slap the invisibility glyph on.

He slaps his on as well. Holding his breath like you told him to. The dragon approaches the oasis, looking around for where you both ran off too, but he doesn't see you anywhere.

You continue walking the opposite direction from the dragon. While doing so, you make sure your grip on Hunters hand is remained strong and tight.

The dragon seems confused and turns to look everywhere. But there is no sight of you guys. Your breath begins to get low, as well as Hunters. You're hoping it will give up and he as back to the cave.

The dragon roars loudly, making you both stop dead in your tracks nervously. You both grip each others hands tighter in surprise.

It then sighs and flies back into its cavern. You watch it as it flies away. It seemed like it was a roar of defeat.

You sigh and let go of your breath, and look over at Hunter who's still invisible.

"You can let go of your breath now." You tell him.

He lets go and sighs deeply, catching his breath. He seems exhausted and drained. It's as if he's about to fall over.

"That was... too close." He says shakily.