❀38❀

Throughout the remainder of the ride back it was mainly spent just talking to Hunter. This trip really did help you get to know him better and it definitely has made you both really comfortable and more connected.

I mean you guys even shared a bed on the way back from the island and had no problems both of those nights.

What you were beginning to dread was coming back. You didn't wanna leave Hunter and you're sure he didn't wanna leave you either.

You were approaching the emperors coven meaning you had to change into a fake uniform, Hunter was already in his golden guard uniform.

"Your wound okay?" He asks.

"It's all healed." You smile.

"Check it out, I got a cool scar now." You grin and lift up your shirt exposing your side.

"Tch, a cool scar? Really?" He smiles.

"Yeah! Doesn't that make me badass?" You smile and tuck your shirt back in and slap the coven mask on.

"Sure." He folds his arms.

"So we're approaching the doc, I'll help get you back to the city. Then I'll need to return to the castle." Hunter says.

"Or you could come with me." You say.

"I'm not coming with you." He says.

"...I don't want you getting hurt." You say.

Hunter paused and scratches the back of his head.

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine." Hunter smiles nervously.

"I don't wanna see you again with another scar." You say.

"...that won't happen." He says.

"And if it does?" You say.

"Then... im sorry I lied that it wouldn't happen." Hunter smiles awkwardly.

You sigh.

"Just... call me, if you need anything. You can talk to me. I don't want you to feel like you have to go through that alone." You say.

"You can meet up with me somewhere...I could sneak in and go to you, now that I have this uniform..." you say.

"Just... don't be alone with your thoughts." You say.

Hunter blushes and scratches his cheek.

"Call me tonight. If you don't I'll call you, and you better answer." You say resting your hands on his shoulders.

Hunter smiles sheepishly.

"And if you don't answer I'll sneak in." You smirk.

"Okay okay, I get it." He smiles.

The ship thuds against the doc and you and Hunter prepare to get off. You put the flower in your bag and Hunter grabs your hand and meads you off the ship.

There's no one at the docs so he takes this opportunity to hold your hand tightly. You hold his just as tightly. He leads you to the exit as quickly and carefully as he can.

Some doors on the side open and some coven scouts enter and he immediately drops his hand at his side and clenches it.

"Golden guard! Where are you headed? Belos has been quite eager to see you." One of the scouts say.

"...I just returned. I'll be with him shortly." Hunter nods, continuing to escort you out.

"Ahem! Um... actually..." a higher pitched voice says grin behind the guards.