❀17❀

About 3 days pass since you were informed about the ambush you all were planning. Everything's been quite mellow. Hunter hasn't called you which your kind of glad about.

Your last encounter with him was so awkward, you're still so embarrassed he had to see you like that. You've also been overthinking a lot about him.

What if teaching him wild magic really does help benefit Belos's curse that he's trying to cure?

What if that were to mean you'd be betraying the entire guild because of that? You're only helping the golden guard become a step closer to making the emperors coven a stronger place.

There's so much to think about and it's sort of driving you mad.

These last few days you have been at home doing nothing, just wallowing away in misery. You did drink some more actually but you were wise not to answer the phone.

Actually now that you think about it. Hunter may have called you you just didn't answer. The problem is should you call him back?

You've already been overthinking so much, you really don't want to, but he probably has tried to call.

You sigh and pick up your crow and dial his number. Eventually he picks up.

"Ah, so now you're finally calling me back." He says when you pick up.

You sigh.

"Are you free?" You ask.

"Yeah." He says.

"I was thinking we could get you a palisman?" You say.

"A palisman?" He scoffs.

"Why would I need a palisman? I have my own staff." Hunter scoffs.

"Palisman are connected to wild magic, and they can help strengthen your bond to wild magic as well." You say.

Hunter goes quiet.

"Look, if you want to understand it better I think a palisman is the way to go. You can give it to me after you've learned what you need to when our lessons are done if you hate it." You say.

You hear him sigh through the other end of the call.

"I doubt you'd wanna part with them though, they're amazing creatures, they're like a part of you." You say.

"Fine, we can get a palisman." He says.

"Alright, there's a forest inbetween bonesburrow and latissa, let's meet there, I'll show you where she is." You say.

"Where who is?" Hunter asks.

"The bat queen, she has lots of palisman in her forest, maybe we can find one for you." You say.

"Come in casual wear though, she wouldn't want to know you're the golden guard." You explain.

"Yeah yeah I know." He says.

"I'll see you." You say.

"Okay, see you there." He says.

"See you." You hang up.

You sigh and put the crow down. Guess you have to socialize today. You're going to try not to talk to him as much unless it's related to palisman. That is what you guys are doing today, there's no need to talk about anything else.

On your way there you got stuck. There were a lot of construction coven people working on this road nearby and you had to take a detour. Hunter got there first.

You finally arrive and meet where you both were talking about.

"You're late what took you so long?" He sighs.