❀25❀

A few days later you spent more at your home with your parents and Matt. Monday eventually arrives and you come back home to the guild. Vineys excited to see you.

"Hey! You're back! How was spending time with your family?" She asks.

"It was good." You nod.

"Good I'm glad you got out some." She grins.

"Hey I figured we could have fairy pies tonight." Viney says.

"That sounds great!" You grin.

"Rowans gonna pick me up later though he wants to show me something." You say.

"What's he showing you?" She asks.

"It's that damn machine he's been working on or something. He said he wanted to show me first and then he'll show everyone else." You shrug.

"Sounds creepy, please don't let my brother kill you. I give you permission to fight him." Viney says.

"It's probably gonna be some weird knick knacky machine to propose his love or something I don't know." You roll your eyes.

"And when he does reject him." She says.

"I'm probably going to... today." You say.

"Good, tell me how it goes." Viney says.

"I will." You scoff.

"Are you nervous?" She asks.

"No. I think this is my chance to stand up to him, show him how I really think. I'm feeling kinda good." You smile.

"I mean come on Y/n, a machine he's been working on for a couple months?" Viney asks.

"It's probably not even something to be concerned about, it's just gonna be some dumb little robot or something he made to impress me that's probably all it is." You laugh.

"You're probably right. I don't know why I'm overthinking." Viney shakes her head.

The door knocks.

"That's him! Wish me luck. I'm gonna come home a SINGLE WOMAN!" You whisper yell.

"Right on, and we will celebrate." Viney winks.

"Hell yeah." You nod.

The door knocks again, and you nod and run over to answer it.

You open the door to see Rowan. Rowan looks in and glances at Viney from behind and smiles at her. Viney smiles back.

"Are you ready to go?" He asks.

"Yep." You nod.

"...alright good." He nods and takes your hand.

You both are walking the streets of the city hand in hand.

"How was your week with your family?" He asks.

"Fine. My stepdad wasn't really home that much, he doesn't really like me that much anyway so I don't really care." You say.

"Why doesn't he like you?" Rowan asks.

"I think he sort of suspects I'm not in a coven..." you laugh.

"That would make sense, I mean you can't keep using your illusion thing on your wrist forever." Rowan shrugs.

"No I think I could master it the more I try. I just need more practice. I'm not as good with illusions." You shrug.

"Sure... you'll master it." Rowan rolls his eyes.

"Yes. I will master it." You glare at Rowan.

"Whatever you say." He shrugs.