❀9❀

"Where was she?" Rowan asks.

"I was... at a friends house." Viney lies.

On your way here you told Viney to come up with a lie. You can't let people know she was captured or else they'll know what you did to get her out.

"And you didn't think about answering your scroll?" Rowan says angrily.

"I was asleep." Viney says.

"But you didn't answer when you wake up?" He says angrily.

"My scroll died, and it was a bit of a walk back." Viney says.

"I ended up finding her near the library when I was out today." You say.

"Titan, just don't be so reckless next time you had us all worried." He says.

"Me especially." I raise an eyebrow.

Viney smiles and looks over at you with a thankful look in her eye.

"I'm heading out now, do you guys need anything?" Rowan asks.

"No we should be fine." Viney says.

"Alright, don't get into trouble again." Rowan says towards Viney.

"I won't." She smiles and walks into the kitchen.

Rowan nods. You walk over with Rowan to the door and walk him out. You open the door for him and he steps out.

"Hey." He says to me.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Thursday, Vineys gonna be at the vet clinic all night, do you want me to come over and cook that night?" He asks.

Damn it.

You don't wanna cook, but you also don't want Rowan to be there alone with you. Rowan gets so political when it's just the two of you there. Vineys not shopping until Monday anyway, so there's not gonna be much to eat, it'll be hard for you to find what to cook anyway.

"I'll get takeout if you want." He says.

"Sold." You say without hesitation.

He smiles and nods.

"I'll bring takeout Thursday night, maybe we can watch a movie." He nods.

"Sure. As long as you're not all mopey." You say.

"I'm never mopey." He rolls his eyes.

"Sure." You roll your eyes back.

"I don't wanna see your face until Thursday." You say.

"Yeah yeah." He says.

You smile and then wave him off and close the door. You look straight over at Viney who looks straight over at you. She smiles.

"Why has he bee so chatty with me lately?" You ask.

"I don't know." Viney shrugs.

"I really hope he's not planning something stupid." You mumble.

"I'm sure it's fine." Viney smiles.

"I sure hope so." You mumble.

6 days later, it's Thursday. Viney left to go to the beast care clinic at 5, and doesn't come back until 11 at night. Normally she doesn't work shifts like that but she offered to cover for someone who had something important that day.

Rowan told you he'd come over with takeout that night, so you've been waiting for him to arrive. You haven't called or texted him asking where he is. You don't really want to either. He probably wouldn't forget anyway.