❀30❀

"I've never asked do you have any other family besides Belos?" You say.

You're both sitting down against a little Bench near the edge of the ship watching the boiling isles grow smaller and smaller as you drift into the sea.

"..No I don't. It's just Belos." Hunter says.

"Not even a mom or dad? You said Belos just found you right?" You ask.

"He found me, said he knew my family, told me he was my uncle. So he took me in." Hunter folds his arms glancing at you.

"Found you from where?" You ask.

"...somewhere dark and cold, i... remember lying in dirt. I don't remember where it was." Hunter says.

"Do you remember anything before he found you?" You ask.

"...Weirdly no, I don't I only remember being found, I was 15." He says.

"Oh...but doesn't that bother you?" you frown.

He glances at you and down at your hands. You're holding your hands together sort of fidgeting with your fingers. He takes out one of his hands and slides it into yours.

"It does sometimes, it doesn't other times." He says.

"Belos told me the reason I don't remember anything from before is because of wild magic." He explains.

"But... I've never found anything about making people forget anything. Usually the only case people forget their past is because of amnesia through severe head injuries, and theres certainly not any wild magic for that." He says.

"Do you ever wonder if he's just lying?" You ask.

Hunters grip on your hand tightens.

"I like to believe he's not... but... while studying wild magic I haven't found any evidence of danger." He says.

"...maybe it's very specific." He says.

"...I don't think there's anything specific." You smile.

Hunter looks at you and holds your hand tightly.

"...I hope...I'm not making a bad choice." He mutters.

"What do you mean?" You ask.

"...I like you, I do. Heh, but what if I'm just falling in a trap the more time I spend with you? What if you suddenly switch up on me?" Hunter smiles nervously.

"What if I'm being cursed? You're not cursing me are you?" His voice starts shaking.

"Of course not, as far as I'm concerned I don't think there's any curses for getting people to like people." You smile.

"The only thing I'd say is similar is a love potion, but those are extremely difficult to make." You say.

"Well aren't you quite good at potions?" Hunter raises an eyebrow.

"I am, but I'm not the type to force someone to love me. And love potions aren't permanent they wear off." You say.

"Besides, if you were under the spell of a love potion you wouldn't be able to analyze that you are in the first place because when someone takes that potion all they think about is their other person, they're too busy thinking of them to properly analyze anything else." You say.

"Okay." He shrugs.

"Anyway, enough about me, what about your past? You've told me some, you have a stepfather, 2 brothers, and a mother." Hunter says.

"What's your younger brother like?" Hunter smiles.

"He's bratty." You smile.

"How old?" He asks.