❀58❀

The next morning you stepped out of your room to call Steve,  Viney was still asleep, it was early in the morning though, Steve probably wouldn't be awake.

You couldn't sleep last night, it's a quarter to 6am. At most you got 3-4 hours of sleep. You don't really care if you're waking Steve up at the crack of Dawn.

When you were younger you'd always annoy him and wake him up anyway.

The mains reason you're calling him is because you're sure he would have some idea of what's going on. He'd know that Hunter would never do that.

He doesn't answer his phone calls though. You keep calling and no answer.

"Damn it Steve pick up...!"

"Y/n?" Viney steps into the front room.

You turn around and look at her. You start sweating.

"What are you doing? It's barely even 6 yet." She says.

"Calling my brother, it's fine just go back to sleep." You shake your head.

"...is there something you need to talk about? Y/n you can talk to me." Viney frowns.

"...I'd rather not bother you, and... I don't know, I just... I need to talk to Steve." I say.

In hopes maybe he could team up with me and find Hunter, but you wouldn't tell Viney that.

"...did you sleep Y/n?" She asks.

"Like a baby, I'm great." You lie.

"...go back to sleep okay? You need to rest too." She says.

"No Viney! It's fine!" You say.

She frowns a little. Then she lets out a sigh and folds her arms, and rubs her eyes.

"Look, I need to visit Skara later this morning, she's saying her... well it's weird honestly, you'd think it's a headache, but she says her mind hurts? She doesn't want to call it a headache, Im gonna check up with her and leave probably around 8." Viney says.

"That's weird." I sigh and rub my eyes.

"Yeah, I'm gonna see what I can do to help." She says.

"...I'm gonna rest some more before it's 8 o clock." She says and heads back to her room.

You nod and grumble and may against the couch. Hopefully Steve will return your calls later.

Steve POV:

When I woke up around 9 am I got a knock on my door. I glanced at my phone and got a bunch of calls from Y/n. I sigh and shake my head, I need to see whoever's at the door first.

Hunter had left his palisman here. Flapjack I believe his name is. He's been tweeting a lot since he didn't come home last night, confused as to where he is.

When I open it I see Eda at my door. She asks to come in and I nod and allow her inside. She sighs and looks at me.

"Have you heard anything about the recent happenings?" She asks.

"Viney dropped by yesterday and told me, I heard that Y/ns at her home, not allowed to leave without a buddy or something." I say.

"Eda...you're telling me Hunter betrayed the guild?" I fold my arms.

"We have 2 bystanders... I don't like to believe it myself but... it must be true." Eda tells me.

"He wouldn't do that, trust me even before he knew Y/n he didn't like his job at the emperors coven." I sort of scoff.