❀11❀

You and Hunter haven't spoke since Friday when you went to the snowy ruins with him. He hasn't called you asking for updates, and you haven't called him for any plans. However, with the mission you just got you probably should.

You and Rowan planned a date on Wednesday. It's currently Tuesday today. Eda assigned you to go up to the palm stings on the Titans right palm. She wants you to gather anything regarding Oracle magic there.

The palm stings would also be a good place to learn fire magic. Fire is used quite frequently there because the desert can get cold at night and burning hot in the day. Sometimes things catch on fire there.

This would be a good opportunity to teach Hunter the fire glyph. It's early today, maybe he will join you. Hopefully it's not awkward today, with your last experience.

The time reads 11 am.

You sigh and pick up your crow hoping he will pick up. Hopefully he's not busy today.

"Hey." He says on the other side of the line.

"Hey." You say.

There's an awkward silence.

"You called me?" He asks.

"Are you busy today?" You ask him.

"I have a night mission today." He says.

"What time?" You ask.

"It's not until 5pm." He says.

"That's plenty of time." You say.

"For what?" He says.

You sigh. It sounds like he just wants to get this conversation over with.

"I'm heading to the palm stings today, I wanted to know if you want to come with, so we can learn fire glyphs." You state.

He goes silent on the other end. You go silent to. Why does he do this?

"Yeah I can go." He says.

"Okay, I'm about to go right now, is that fine?" You ask.

"Yeah, I'll meet you. Where exactly in the palm stings are we headed?" He asks.

"There's a desert cave, I wanna poke around at, most caves there are usually lit all up with fire, it can get really dark there. I'm supposed to be looking into anything Oracle related? It said that fortune tellers are more common in the desert palms, so it has to have some Oracle work." You say.

"I thought you said you don't do Oracle magic." He says.

"It's not for me, it's for the gu- well... it's just research I'm doing." He says.

"Guild? I already know about it." He says.

Your heart stops.

"How?" You say.

"You and your friend... Viney? If that's her name..., you were talking about heading back there when I dropped her off to you. You said it very clearly." He says.

"Shit." I mumble.

"It's not like it's a shocker, It would make sense why we haven't seen any wild witches around lately. They've been a lot harder to find." He says.

"You better not try to investigate me Hunter." You say seriously.

"I don't plan on it." He says.

...

"But maybe I will if I ever feel something off with you." He says in a cocky tone.

It's like you can feel him smirking as he says that.