❀46❀

You fly out of the cave as fast as you can and into the bonesburrow forest. As soon as you find a safe space to land you hop off your staff.

"Is he still breathing? H-he's okay right? He's good right?" You say turning to look at Hunter who's carrying him.

"He's... he's still here." Hunter rubs his eyes.

"Caden..?" You gently rest your hand on Caden.

You can see the dried tears on his cheeks. Caden was covering his wound with his hands. He was seriously impaled you could see somewhat of the inside of his body.

"Put me down..!" He chokes out.

Hunter looks up at you. You quickly take your coat off and lye it against the grass. Hunter lyes Caden down against your coat so his body's not lying on the rigid earth.

He's coughing, he's trying not to cough but he can't control it. You can tell he's in pain everytime he coughs because more blood spurts out.

You face flinches at the sight and you put your arm on Caden's shoulder trying to let him know he's okay.

"What do we do?" You say.

"Uh - uh... that healing flower? Remember?? If we could bring it here it could help-" Hunter stutters

"No-" Caden says.

You both look at him. Why would he deny treatment? What's going on?

"Caden, this could help keep you alive." You explain.

"I-I know, I don't want it-" Caden coughs.

"Even if I'm alive where would...ah... I go? I don't have anywhere and... going with you guys... would only mess things up." Caden coughs.

"I don't wanna cheat my way to live... ah... even if there is a way, this is my destiny, I should take it." Caden says as tears begin forming.

"You're 13!" You say.

"People die everyday at any age!... agh!" He winces gripping his wound.

Caden rubs his face and winces. There's no way he's going to last long with the severity of this wound.

He looks over at Hunter.

"We're the same person but in different times." Caden says.

Hunter looks down and is trying hard not to cry again. Hunter was silently crying the entire flight to the forest where you all are right now.

"And... I didn't know that there was more before me and after me." Caden says.

"Neither did I." Hunter sniffs.

"I don't know how many more of us there is, but... ah.. I think it's kinda hhh.. cool. I think it's agh.. cool we all died for what's right you know?" Caden struggles to breathe.

"Caden please! Let us help you!" You exclaim.

He looks over at you and frowns. He opens his mouth to speak.

"I-" he coughs out

He struggles to speak and barely anything gets out. He's struggling badly. He looks up into the sky and then he glances at both you and Hunter.

"M.. sorry." He says weakly.

He opens his mouth again and you could see a tear trickle down his cheek. He's struggling to speak, it must hurt for him to.

He shakes his head and squeezes his eyes closed.

"Sorry." He says softly, and leans his head back against the ground.

Ⓗunting Ⓨou (Hunter X Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें