Loosen Up🫠

( Lani's POV )

I sat combing Navy's hair " Sit still for I whoop yo butt " I said to her she hate getting her hair combed but I don't care. My momma kept our hair comb and Ima do just the same. " Mommy it hurts " she whined she's dramatic. " I'm sorry " I said and she gushed up.

" Legend you need to put yo shoes on we gotta be at the barbershop in 10 minutes " I yelled. " I can't find my shoes " He said " All those shoes and you can't find any don't make me get up? " I said. These kids give me a run for my money but I loved them to death.

All I did was work and take care of them my grandparents and siblings tell me I need to get out more. I took it hard when my mother died I made a promise to myself that I'd raise the twins just like she raised me. I do need to have some fun but that'll always come.

" If I gotta yell again " I said as he quickly ran down the stairs " Sorry ma " He said the mom word throws me off Every time. My family says let it happen and explain when they get older like my mom did but it kills me inside. No matter how much I try to make them remember her they don't.

We headed out they put they seatbelts on " What's the plan for y'all bday? What y'all wanna do? " I asked them. " I want to go on a trip " Navy said " Hmm okay " I said " Me too I wanna go to Miami " He said making me laugh. " I got a couple months to plan so I'll figure it out Idk about Miami tho buddy y'all too young " I said.

We pulled up to the shop and got out " Extra $30 you late " Leon said I mugged " Blame it on him , I can't find my shoes " I said mocking Legend. " Come on " He said and I went to his lil bar " Can I have a drink mommy? " Navy said I laughed. " Yeah from over there not here " I said.

" You should come to this party tonight , I'm sure Gia will be calling and asking " he said and I nodded " I'll think about it " I said taking a shot. Then drinking my margarita " You need to loosen up the most I see you do is take a few drinks when you come here. You still young sis " He said.

" I know Leon I know. Plus how you going anywhere yo girl letting you out? " I asked. " That hoe tripping hard right now " He said " Watch yo mouth Leon " I said he chuckled " My bad don't repeat that shit aight? " He said to the kids. " Can you call Mani? " Navy asked I dialed his number.

Although me and Armani don't talk anymore he never stopped fw them. He always came and got them and took them out with Kyan. The last time we was around we got into a real heated argument and I just fell back but he was only telling me right ya know? 

They loved Pablo so I didn't care how mad I was I never kept them away. My momma used to do that anytime somebody made her mad. We get snatched right away I loved my momma she was an amazing mother but some stuff I Just wouldn't do.

" Hi manii " She said smiling " My princess what's up I like yo hair " he said and she cheesed " Thanks mommy did it for me. I miss you and Ky we stay the weekend with you? " She said. " Yes , Tell your momma to drop y'all off at my house I'll be waiting " He said.

•••

My brother finished " Thank you I'll see you later " I said to him " oh shit texting the group chat now LANI outsideeee " he said making me laugh. " Mommy outsideeeee " Navy said doing a little dance I laughed. " I'm telling " Legend said one thing about it these kids tell Mani everything.

I don't be doing shit so I don't be caring but they need to mind they damn business just like Armani. He know what he doing keeping tabs to make sure I ain't fw nobody. " I'm hungry " The twins said at the exact same time I chuckled.

I just grabbed a catering meal from chick fil a that way everybody got some food and a gallon of lemonade. I paid and we headed to Pablo's house I saw a car outside but I didn't think anything of it. I knocked on the door and a girl answered " Who are you? " She asked.

" I'm Lani I'm dropping my kids off to Armani " I said " Armani who tf is that? " She said I saw Pablo walking up " Who tf told you to answer my door , you done doing what you was doing so bye " He said "You putting me out for a bitch? " She yelled. I just sat the food down and gave Kyan a hug.

" Alright y'all be good okay? " I said heading out " Bye Armani " I said before he grabbed me "That ain't my girl " he said " I didn't ask mani you single you free to do whatever have fun with the kids call me when they ready " I said usually they cry to come home but not with him.

It's really Navy she's spoiled always wanna be under me, I got in the car and headed out. I saw a text from Mani I chuckled he said I love you. I sent him a message saying I loved him too. I do love him at the time my mother died I pushed him away when all he did was tried to help.

I know he won't wait forever but hopefully one day I can be ready. Ever heard of right person wrong time? I couldn't expect mani to wait all these years for me I was angry and I took it out on him and when he told me about myself I didn't like it. The truth hurts but hey.