50

DEEPAK

" Baby I'm leaving are you sure you want to ignore me for my little joke . " Mom said standing on my door.

I want to yell at her way too much for making such a ridiculous lie but since she is my mom I don't want to do it.

" Bhavya's mom will be at home. Me and your dad will be back by afternoon and your dadi maa will come back during night time. Kids will be here...

I shut the door on her face before she can complete it. First I know what she was going to say second I know what to do on my own.

A minute later my room door opened. I look in that direction finding bhavya running to me.

" Mumma is making pie for us. " She said wrapping her arm around me.

" Us? "

" Yes for kids and me not you. " She said and giggle.

" Ok then get out don't disturb me. Keep your ass out of this room. " I said she roll her eyes and sit on my lap smiling.

" Can we play pillow fight. " She ask me timidly holding my shirt button.

" Ask your mom "

" She is sleeping and she told me to ask you. "

" Go play if any of you get hurt then don't forget what I said.. " I said and went back to my laptop.

" What did you said. " She asked and I don't know why but I think madam is talking in a baby voice today but she is calling me Deepak so she didn't slip, it's for sure.

" If kids get punished then you will too. " I said and take a sip of my coffee ignoring the person who was sitting on my lap.

" Okie daddy. " She said her words made me cough, all the coffee I had in my mouth was on my study table now.

" What did you call me? " I ask she look innocently in my eyes.

" You were acting like dad so I called you this. Now bye bye Mr husband ji" She and left pecking my lips.

" She has gone mad . I'm sure this is girls work they did spend their sweet time in cooking.

After cleaning my table I again started my work but again she enter in room.

" Did you take your medicine? "

" Yes "

" So should I massage your back? " I stop typing and took my rolling chair in her direction.

" You are ok. Are you feeling any pain do you want painkillers or hot water bag Or anything? Did you take your medicine?" I ask In one go .

" I'm all good..

I push her out of the room and lock the door from Inside I'm done with her. She keep disturbing me.

.

.

.

" Finally work is done. I don't like this extra work at all. "

I walk down stairs because kids must be getting bored and if not then I'm sure this house must be looking like some zoo.

I walk to living room which was all clean and not a single person was sitting there.

I checked her mother room . I open the door finding her mom sitting.

" Come beta " She sign me with a small smile.

" How are you mom "

" Good maybe.. I think I'm fine i had this cancer for two years now...i fine as per doctor. They come to me last month and said I'm fine and free . "

" So you took your medicine. " I ask smiling Passing her water.

" Which medicine... I don't have to take any. " She said nonchalantly and gulp down water.

Really but my bhavu is taking so many medicines... Why?

" Where is bhavya? " She ask oh I totally forget about her.

" Going to check on her. " I said standing up but she hold my hand.

" You are a good man I know but I saw her act today.... She doesn't behave like a wife should do. She is not even responsible.. I'm sorry.... "

" Mom it's nothing like that so stop this overthinking. Everything is fine and good. " I said and turned on her room tv.

" Han not wife material........ I think she is perfect. "

I open my parents room door because I was hearing noise from there.

" Chachi caught me " Khushi shouted running with Ayushi. Bhavya runs behind her tucking her pallu.

I look around in the room. All fur from pillow were laying on floor. Suddenly I hear a loud sound of something falling which was none other than Flowerwase.

" HEY CAREFUL "  I shouted but khushi already put her feet on it.

" NO NO NO "

" Chachu " Khushi sit in floor holding her feet. Tears make it way out of her eyes.

" Khushi bun " I pick her up and put her on bed.

" I didn't mean it " Bhavya mumble and don't know if she take me as a dumb person.. I mean who will do it intentionally. But madam just wait.

" I will wrap it ok stay here ." I mumble pecking her head .

She keep crying bhavya hug her from side. In this whole thing I totally forget about ayushi. She was looking at them with teary eyes.

After cleaning and wrapping khushi feet. I move towards Ayushi.

" What happen."

" Chahu sorry . " She said and hug me.

" Let's go to mom's room she is watching movie alone. I will join you after five minutes. I've to talk to your chachi about something very important ok baccha. " I said to ayushi and khushi.

They nodded their head. I drop them in room and took bhavya in our room.